𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍

"is this the end of all the endings?"

─────────

The five kids sat in the gym. Eleven and Nine had towels wrapped around themselves. Eleven had her head resting on Mike's shoulder while Nine had hers resting on Lucas's.

Mike abruptly got up, leaving the gym and leaving the others there. Just a few minutes later, he came back in.

"They're gone," he announced.
"What?"

"Nancy and Jonathan. His cars gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin suggested.
"Gross."

"No. No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?"
"I don't know."

"No," Eleven said, looking at Nine.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?""

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon," they both revealed.

Dustin and Lucas got up, walking over to Mike and leaving Nine and Eleven on the steps.

"We have to help them," Mike finally concluded after thinking for a while.

"Yeah, we can't," Lucas said.

"Guys, guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around."

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us."

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is."

"El and Nina can find them."

"Mike, look at them," Dustin pointed to the two, them moving their heads and looking back. "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep Nina and El out of sight and keep them safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin trailed off, starting to walk away.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!"