𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘

"you're screaming inside, and frozen in time

"you're screaming inside, and frozen in time."

─────────

Lucas and Dustin had sneakily taken Eleven and Nine back to the Wheeler house. They opened the back door, knowing it was unlocked, and let the girls inside.

"Lucas," Nine said hesitantly.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"Thank you."

"Yeah. You're welcome," he replied. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Dustin lightly smirking.

Mike watched as the two came inside, sitting down and messing with the walkie-talkie. And then Mike decided to speak up.

"Can you please stop that?"

Eleven turned it off, only to turn it back on.

"Are you deaf? I thought we were friends, you know. But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You both hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you guys. All along."

Eleven and Nine stopped looking at him, going back to the walkie-talkie. They kept messing with it until a voice came from it.

"So come on and let me know," Will sang. "Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go now? Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double."

Mike sprung to his feet, running over to the tent. He grabbed the walkie-talkie from El who gave it to him, instantly speaking into it.

"Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy? Over. Will, are you there? Will!"

There was static and then an interference. Blood was dripping down from Eleven and Nine's noses as they closed their eyes, trying to get another connection.

"Was that..." Mike questioned, not knowing whether to think it was him or not. "Was it..."

"Will," they lightly smiled.

-

It was the next day. Lucas and Dustin had come over.

Currently, Eleven and Nine were messing with the walkie-talkie as they all sat in a circle, listening to indistinct whimpers coming from the walkie.