𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 9 : 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐘

"and i'll never be the same

"and i'll never be the same."

─────────

It's been 3 months since the Mind Flayer was finally killed.

El and Nina didn't have any family since Hopper died. The Byers were moving, so Joyce offered to take both of them in.

It was the day they were cleaning out the Byers now-old house. Lucas told Max and Nina about the singing duet Dustin did with Suzie, so they sing it. Just to annoy him.

"Turn around. Look at what you see. In her face. The mirror of your dreams. Rhymes that keep their secrets. Will unfold behind the clouds," they sang.

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's 'unfold behind the clouds'?" Max asked.

"Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?" Dustin said.

"So then join in Dusty-bun," Lucas said as he blew air kisses.

"Yeah, come on, Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" Nina smirked at her friend.

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson."

"Can't we just hear your rendition?"
"No."

"Please? Just one verse?" Max begged.

"No. No way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzie's ears alone."

"Turn around. Look at what you see. In her face. The mirror of your dreams," they continued to sing.

Nina started laughing and told Lucas and Max that she needed to grab some things quickly.

"Hey, Mrs. Byers."

"Oh, hey, Nina," she smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. My side is better. I've been having rough days and good days."

"Yeah, we've all been there. Hey, I found a folded-up piece of paper that had your name on it. I think it's from Hop."

Nina just got hurt by the mention of his name. She looked surprised. Joyce handed Nina the note.

"I'll give you some time to read it," she said as she squeezed Nina's shoulder lightly.

She lay down on the floor, unfolding the letter, and started to read it.

Nina,