𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 5 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃

"don't let me down

"don't let me down."

─────────

They all went back to Mike's house, letting El's and Nina's wounds get slightly better. Nina for sure had bruised ribs from Billy kicking her so hard.

When they both got better, everyone decided to find Hopper since he would be the best option to go to for help.

When Nina opened her eyes, she was in the woods. She saw Hopper, Will's mom, and some random guy she hadn't seen before.

"We found him," El announced.

"Where is he?"

"Woods," Nina said,

"Woods?"

"He's with... Will's mom."

"My- My mom?"

"What are they doing?" Max asked.

"Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy."

Then there was knocking on the door, followed by Mrs. Wheeler's voice.

"Mike! Breakfast!"

"Not now, Mom!" he yelled then he proceed to ask, "Illinois? Illinois, like the state?"

El and Nina shrugged their shoulders.
"Ill-annoy."

Then the sisters and Max went into the bathroom to get her cleaned up. Max got a washcloth wet, wiping the blood off of El and Nina's noses. El looked at the mark Billy made when he choked her in the mirror.

"Does it still hurt?" Max asked.

"Only when I talk."

"Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike, then. 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.' And you'd be in constant pain," Max said, making both girls chuckle.

"What about your side, Nina?" Max asked

"It hurts when I move. So, basically, everything I do makes it hurt."

"Can I see your side?" Ni nodded, lifting her shirt up so Max could see.

Max lifted up Nina's shirt, looking at the wound, and seeing a huge bruise around her ribs. There was a little cut around it that Nina must've missed when she was cleaning her wounds earlier. Max wet a different part of the washcloth, cleaning Nina's cut on her bruise. The pressure hurt her a little, but she just let out small grunts.