𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐎 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓

"but i'm a creep

"but i'm a creep. i'm a weirdo."

─────────

The boys took Eleven and Nine back to a big house. They asked them a lot of questions.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" one of them asked.

"Where's your guys' hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" One kid started putting his hand out to touch Eleven and Nine, but another one slapped his hand away.

"Stop it! You're freaking them out!"

"They're freaking me out!"

"I bet they're both deaf," the one with curly hair said as he clapped in both of their faces. They jumped back at the sudden noise. "Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, all right? They're just scared and cold." He went and grabbed some clothes for both of the girls as the thunder rumbled. It scared them both.

"Here, these are clean," he handed the clothes to the girls. "Okay?"

He handed some clothes to Nine and Eleven. Eleven put the clothes up to her face, reminding her of warmth. She stood up and started taking the big shirt off, but the boys stopped her.

"No, no, no!"
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

"See over there?" he said to them, pointing at a door. "That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?"

Nine got up as she and Eleven went to the bathroom. Once they got in there they both started looking around. The boy started closing the door, but Nine stopped him by grabbing the door.

"You don't want it closed?" he asked.
"No," she said softly.

"Oh, so you can speak. Okay, well... Um, how about we just keep the door... just like this," he said as he closed the door, leaving it open a few inches. "Is that better?"

"Yes," Eleven spoke.

Nine could faintly hear what the boys were talking about in the other room as she was getting changed.

"This is mental," Dustin exclaimed.

"At least they can talk," Mike said.