Prologue - Meet The Family

There were forty-three children who were all born on the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989 to mothers without any previous signs of pregnancy. Reginald Hargreeves adopted eight of them, with the intention of training them to save the world after realising they were gifted, thus creating the Umbrella Academy. Each child was code-named with a number.

NUMBER ONE / Space Boy / Luther Hargreeves:

Luther was Hargreeves' Number One and the leader of The Umbrella Academy. He possessed superhuman strength and durability. After Ben's death, Five went missing and Eight fell into a coma, Luther was the only member of the Academy who did not leave and who continued to loyally serve Sir Reginald, although he sank into a lonely depression without the others around. After being critically injured on a solo mission to stop a biochemical threat, Reginald was forced to save Luther's life with a serum that contained Pogo's DNA. Luther then developed an ape-like physiology, greatly increasing his muscle mass and strength. Luther was a loving, protective and righteous individual, though often too trusting, especially of Reginald.

NUMBER TWO / The Kraken / Diego Hargreeves:

Diego was Hargreeves' Number Two with the power to manipulate thrown objects, such as knives, while in flight. Diego had a fierce sibling rivalry with Luther, who was their father's favourite and who he could never measure up to in the eyes of their father. He had a deep emotional connection to Grace, more so than his siblings as she was the only one to express care towards him as an individual and helped him overcome his childhood stutter. Diego was a rebellious, impulsive and brash individual with a tendency to show off. However, beneath his confident, cocky behaviour lied a deeply insecure individual who desperately wanted to prove himself. He was the most emotional of siblings and is quick to act on these emotions without thinking.

 He was the most emotional of siblings and is quick to act on these emotions without thinking

NUMBER THREE / The Rumour / Allison Hargreeves:

Allison was Hargreeves' Number Three with the ability to influence events by prefacing any statement with "I heard a rumour." Allison often abused her power as a young adult, using it to advance her career, manipulate those around her, and even force someone to love her. After being caught using her powers on her daughter mid-tantrum, she was now strongly against using her power at all, even when her life was endangered. Allison was a determined woman with a kind heart and strong values. She has displayed her kind-heartedness on many occasions, particularly with Viktor and despite everything, Allison has a deep love for her siblings.