XXII - Scrawny Serial Killers And Mass Murderers

Diego and Number Five sat in the front of Diego's scrapped car, both pondering silently. Allison sat in the back, with Number Eight resting sleepily on her shoulder. They were parked up in front of the city's old police station, the engine rumbling lowly. 

"Is she okay?" Number Five asked, spinning in his seat to look at the sleeping girl. Her face was peaceful; her eyelids gently fluttered closed and her lips slightly parted. Her white blonde hair was behind her ears, allowing for her heart-shaped bone structure to be exhibited. Number Five's tough and tense exterior softened as he looked upon her. 

Allison nodded, running her hand through her adopted sister's hair. "She's okay. Grace said that the pain killers would probably make her tired. She'll come round soon." She said, her voice quiet and soft in order to avoid waking Number Eight.

Diego sighed. "I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We've got to get our hands on that file."

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" Allison scoffed.

Diego rolled his eyes. "I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside." He said confidently. 

Allison hummed. "Handcuffed."

"Whatever. Here's the plan." Diego began, but was soon interrupted by Number Five.

"Plan? I'm just going to blink in and get the file." The boy said bluntly, squinting at Number Two. He had assumed that that was obvious.

"No, that's not... You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

Number Five rolled his eyes, frustrated at Diego's behaviour. "I literally just did this yesterday."

"What?" Asked Diego and Allison simultaneously. 

"My yesterday. Not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?" Number Five began to argue. Number Eight began to stir from her slumber, the sound of her family arguing once again waking her up. 

"Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads." Diego said smugly.

Number Eight groaned, rolling her eyes at Diego's hero mantra

Number Eight groaned, rolling her eyes at Diego's hero mantra. "Here we go again. I'm sorry Diego, but you're not Number One. Take it up with Luther." She grunted, sitting herself up and craning her neck up from Allison's shoulder. "Thanks for being a great pillow, Allison." She patted the woman on the shoulder.

Allison stood with the two teenagers at the front of the station whilst Diego stalked away down a seedy side alley. She was repeatedly calling Viktor's mobile from the street's payphone, however was getting his answerphone message every time she tried. "Hey, Viktor, it's me. I just wanted to... Things have gotten so messed up. And... all I ever wanted was to be a good sister to you. Guess I pretty much failed at that." She said sincerely, speaking closely to the phone's speaker.