XXVII - Margarita Mayhem

The sound of the blender whirring filled the kitchen. Number Five was whipping up an alarmingly neon green drink for himself and for Number Eight.

"Five, why is it so green?" Number Eight asked, eying up the mysterious liquid.

He sloshed the liquid into two margarita glasses, running salt around the rims and placing a small cocktail umbrella in the top of each. He even added a curly straw, just for dramatic effect. "It's a margarita, love, they're supposed to be green. Get drinking." He said, taking a gulp from his own drink.

Number Eight was still sceptical, however, she took a sip from the straw

Number Eight was still sceptical, however, she took a sip from the straw. The drink was bitter, though surprisingly tasty. "Well, do you think we really did it? Think we actually stopped the apocalypse?" She asked, turning her head to face Number Five.

"I'd like to hope so." He said simply, looking at her eyes.

"What now?" She asked, tilting her head.

He paused. "What now? I don't know." He chuckled. "I'm open to suggestion."

Number Eight smiled, though she couldn't help but about how they reached marriage and a baby. Before she had the chance to start asking her questions, a knock at the front door disturbed the pair's peace.

"Eh, I'll get it." Number Five shrugged before sliding off of the bar stool, still holding the margarita tightly in his hand. Number Eight nodded, her eyes following the boy as he left the room.

Number Five opened the front door to find Hazel standing there, with a gun pointed at the boy.

"Hey, old-timer." Hazel said simply, his face sorry and hoping for forgiveness.

Number Five looked at the man blankly, not for a second fazed by his large stature nor pistol that he was holding. "Do you have my brother?" He asked, referring to Viktor. "And... if not, would you like a margarita?" He offered, taking a sip from the straw. Hazel looked at Number Five blankly, who started to walk back into the house. "Come on."

"Five! Who is it?" Number Eight shouted through the halls, before Number Five returned to the bar. Her eyes widened, and her body tensed as she saw Hazel, though she decided to stay quiet so that she could analyse the situation. Number Five seemed too calm to be threatened.

"You here to kill us?" Number Five said, gesturing to Hazel's gun.

"Oh, shit. Sorry. Old habits." Hazel said, looking at the pistol in his hand before putting it away in his back pocket. "Well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know..."

Number Eight sighed in relief, her body losing its tension. She happily swung her dangling legs back and forth and played with the cocktail umbrella that was perched in her drink. "Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill our family and kidnapped our adoptive brother."  She shrugged, sensing that Hazel was actually quite soft.