XVIII - Conversations In The Restroom

The Handler guiding Number Five and Number Eight into the office room, her hands firmly wrapped around the shoulders, stopping them from every escaping her tight grasp. 

"I'm sure you've all heard that Mr. Five has proven to be as adept with a pen as he was with a sword, and that Miss. Eight is a brain box herself. Let their effort serve as inspiration to you all." She said, smiling proudly. Number Eight stood beside her as stiff as a board, feeling uncomfortable by her touch. The pair wiggled from her grip and sat back at their shared desk, before a buzzer soon sounded. The sound of scraping chair legs filled the room as the office workers began to leave for lunch.

The Handler coughed. "Oh, Gene, a word before you go to lunch. Gutenberg seems to be having second thoughts about the printing press..." She started to speak before leaving the room, nattering in her colleague's ear as she went. 

Number Eight's eyes followed the group of workers leaving the room, ensuring that there was no one left except for her and Number Five. "You're clear." She said to him with a smile. 

Number Five span around on his chair, facing Dot's desk, before plucking her red case from the tabletop. "Finally some answers about this apocalypse. Come on, let's go." He said, offering his hand out to Number Eight, tilting his head.

" He said, offering his hand out to Number Eight, tilting his head

Number Five sighed, clicking the lock on the bathroom stall. He sat himself down on the toilet, pulling out the stolen case file from underneath his sweater vest.

"Seriously, Five? The men's bathroom? There was no another place we could've looked at this? It's gross in here." Number Eight winced, feeling the germs seep through the walls. 

"It's the only place I could think of where she won't be." Number Five said. They suddenly heard the bathroom door swing open and the sound of stiletto heels entered the room. The pair instantly knew who it was.

"Shit." Number Five said, slamming the case file shut. "Stand on the toilet, here, she can't know you're here." He said, whispering in Number Eight's ear.

"Oh, you must be joking. She's like a coldsore; she just keeps coming back when you don't want her. And why the hell is she in the men's restroom?" The girl muttered under her breath, quickly standing on the toilet so that her feet weren't visible underneath the door. "This is disgusting. I hate you for this." 

"So, how's your first day going?" The Handler asked, locking herself in the cubicle next to where Number Five and Number Eight. 

Number Five gritted his teeth, forcing a frustrated smile across his face. "Couldn't be better." 

The Handler's framed skirt hit the ground and the sound of her urinating echoed through the bathroom.

Number Eight was crouched on the toilet seat, her feet being held in place by Number Five's thigh, keeping her balanced. Her eyes widened at the sounds she was hearing. "Oh my-" She began to whisper, but Number Five quickly slapped his hand around her mouth, keeping her silent. She glared at him, to which he simply winked.