XXIII - Honesty Hour

Number Five was asleep in his old childhood bed. His shirt was left unbuttoned, exposing his chest and exhibiting his bandaged wound. Grace perched on the side of his bed, rolling up her medical adhesive tape, whilst Allison, Diego and Number Eight stood in the doorway of his bedroom.

"Anything?" Asked Diego, though he couldn't keep his eyes off of the wounded boy and his robotic carer.

Allison shook her head. "There's no answer at Viktor's place. And the receptionist at his music school so he was a no-show for his lessons today." She knew that this was unusual behaviour for Viktor.

Diego nodded, before beginning to walk away from Allison and Number Eight.

"You okay, Diego?" Asked Number Eight, noticing his sad expression and his deflated stature.

"Yeah..." He drifted off, looking at Grace. Diego had always favoured Grace, more so than anyone else. "We don't have enough time. We've got to go."

Before he could start to walk away, Allison grabbed Number Two's arm. "I don't know, Diego. Five is laying there, unconscious. Eight is still recovering. We need them." Allison frowned, gesturing to the two. Number Eight sighed, knowing that what Allison said was true. Number Five was vital if they wanted to stop the apocalypse.

"We can do this ourselves." Diego boasted.

"We did that already, remember? We all ended up dead." Number Eight reminded Diego, causing him to roll his eyes.

Allison hummed in agreement

Allison hummed in agreement. "I'm thinking I should go and see Claire before-"

"You can't run away from this, Allison. That's what started this whole mess in the first place." Diego said, his eyes darting towards Number Five. "Luther was right."

Both Allison and Number Eight looked at Diego in disbelief. "I didn't think I would ever hear you say those words." Said Number Eight, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, well... We have got to stick together." Diego admitted, knowing that what Luther had been saying made some sense.

Allison paused for a moment, looking at Number Eight. "Well, where do we start?"

"There's no other addresses in the file, but there is another relation listed. Jenkins' grandmother. She lived near Jackpine Road." Diego said, recalling the paperwork that he had closely analysed earlier that day.

"You think Leonard took Viktor there?" Allison folded her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"It's a good enough place to start. Come on." He said, gesturing for the two women to follow him down the corridor.

"You guys go, I'm going to stay here. Five will need someone here when he wakes up." Number Eight shrugged, her voice quiet, almost broken. She wanted to help Diego and Allison, but she knew she couldn't leave Number Five on his own. Diego and Allison looked at her, concerned, before nodding. They understood.