XXXI - Is This The End?

Luther, Diego, Number Five and Number Eight had managed to enter the back of the stage, only to find a surreal atmosphere. The orchestra sat in a horseshoe on the stage, with Viktor at the very front. He was completely focused on playing his violin, and he was doing so with unbelievable passion. The rest of the orchestra were drowned out by Viktor's playing. As soon as Viktor began to play solo, each and every sibling paused, staring at him in awe.

Allison was in the audience, standing in the aisle in the centre of the theatre hall. She watched Viktor in amazement, not knowing how much talent her brother obtained.

Viktor looked up for a brief moment, noticing Allison standing in the crowd. Allison, whose neck was still bandaged, smiled proudly at Viktor, though she did notice that the irises of his eyes had turned a shade of ghostly white. Viktor smiled, proud that he had finally obtained the first chair in his orchestra.

Luther's tension was building. He looked between Diego, Number Five and Number Eight before sprinting onto the stage mid-performance. Viktor bolted upright, swinging his violin bow through the air, sending Luther and other members of the audience flying. Number Eight gasped, grabbing hold of Number Five tightly.

"How the hell?" She gasped

The theatre filled with gasps and screams as audience members tried desperately to file out of the room. Viktor once again swung his bow, this time using his powers on the rest of the orchestra to ensure that they kept playing under his lead. Power and energy was emanating powerfully from his music, leaving everyone else in the room to be terrified.

"Move!" Diego yelled, jumping into the audience and ushering civilians out of the space. "Go, go, go, go, go, move!"

Once again, Viktor swung his bow, leaving the room in a state of panic and hysteria. Guttural screams echoed through the theatre, bouncing from wall to wall whilst Viktor continued to play his solo.

"He's stronger than expected." Diego stated the obvious as he and Luther hid behind one of the rows of seats. They were panting for breath, trying to rebuild their energy. Number Eight and Number Five were hiding in the row behind them, peering over the top of the chairs.

Allison was hiding in the row opposite Luther and Diego, shooting them an angry look for ruining her plan.

"Yeah, we're fine. Thanks for asking." Luther snarled sarcastically. "Look, I almost lost you once, alright? I wasn't about to lose you again."

"Well, so much for the element of surprise." Diego scoffed. "What else have you got?" He said, looking between Luther and Allison. Allison mimicked the gesture of playing a violin. "No shit, Allison. Tell us something we don't already know."

"She's talking about the violin, dipshit. It's his lightning rod." Number Eight rolled her eyes at Diego, explaining on behalf of Allison.

"If we can take it from him and stop him from playing, we might have a shot." Number Five said, trying to summon a plan in his mind. Before he could say anything else, a group of masked shooters entered the theatre and never removed their fingers from their triggers.