XI - Prosthetic Eyes, Binoculars And Chocolate Pudding

The sky was starting to bleed into an orange hue as night was creeping its way in. Number Eight was sleeping in the passenger seat of the van, her head lulling every few minutes as she dreamt. Meanwhile, Number Five was still watching the MeriTech building intensely, waiting for something, anything, to happen. He was grasping the prosthetic eye that he had found in the apocalypse, spinning it between his fingers as he watched out of the window. He watched the world go by, seeing workers leaving their office buildings in three-piece suits, and bunches of children kicking around a football happily.

"Five! Eight. GUYS!" Said a recognisable voice as they banged on the window. Number Eight bolted upright, seeing Luther pounding at the glass, trying to get their attention. Luther pulled open the back of the van and clambered in, his large stature occasionally getting stuck as he tried to get it.

"What are you

"What are you..." He muttered, trying his best to squeeze into the small space. "Oh my God." He continued to mutter, before he finally managed to pull the van door closed. He was panting like an animal. "Wow it's um, cosy, in here. Are you okay?" He asked, flicking his head between the two.

"Luther! What are you doing here? You disrupted my beauty sleep." Number Eight said, yawning and stretching in the compact van. Number One frowned.

"Yeah, you need it." Number Five sneered and Number Eight, just like he used to when they were younger. She simply rolled her eyes. 

"Luther, how did you find us?" Number Eight asked, trying her best to rise above Number Five's childish teasing. Despite this, a smile small crept across her face.

"Um." Luther said, turning his attention to the very back of the van. Here, Klaus sat with his legs folded, cradling Delores.

"Hey, baby." He mumbled. "Hey, a little privacy, guy. We're really hitting it off back here." Klaus sang, caressing Dolores' face.

Number Five grabbed the closest piece of trash from the van and threw it in Klaus' direction, hitting him directly in the face. "GET OUT! You can't be here! I'm in the middle of something."

Number Eight coughed dramatically. "Um, we. We are in the middle of something." She shuffled in her seat, proudly. 

"Yeah, yeah. We." Number Five agreed, nodding his head. 

Klaus stopped talking to Delores for a brief second, and turned his attention to the front of the van. "Any luck finding your one-eyed man?" He asked.

"No." Number Five whispered quietly.

"What's he talking about?" Luther asked, a deep frown on his face. Number Eight giggled slightly, amused at how squashed Luther looked in the van. His wide shoulders had been forced to be become so narrow that he was now tensing, just to stay sat in the van without the door flying open.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus." Number Five sighed, turning his head to Number One. "What do you want, Luther?" He asked, growing more and more impatient the less he was looking out of the window.