XXI - A Rude Awakening... Again

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's sceptical here?" Allison said, holding her arms out beside her. She, Luther, Diego and Klaus stood staring at Number Five, struggling to understand how he had come to have this information. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

Number Five scowled. "Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in the masks that attacked the house?"

"Yeah, I think I remember those guys." Allison said sarcastically, pursing her lips with attitude.

Diego nodded. "Yeah, the ones that attacked us whilst you and your wife were getting drunk." He looked between the adults, allowing Number Five to roll his eyes.

"They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth." Number Five explained.

Allison frowned. "The Temps what?"

Number Five sighed. "My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So, Eight and I went to the Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins'. So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

The adults paused, evaluating what he had said.

"What do you mean protect time and space?" Said Allison.

"Where is this Hazel, Five?" Asked Luther. 

"You don't know what you're talking about

"You don't know what you're talking about." Diego scoffed.

Klaus simply groaned. "My skin is on fire." Each one of them began talking over another, creating a loud commotion within the Academy.

Number Eight started to stir, her eyes flickering in the bright light. She groaned at the sound of her arguing siblings, and tried to gather her bearings.

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Said Allison, questioning the teenage boy.

Number Five's impatience had grown unbearable. "You know what else sounds insane? I look like a thirteen-year-old boy!" He pointed to his young face. "Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody in that overcoat! Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

Klaus was laid down on one of the couches, curled up and grasping his legs. "He's got a point."

"Speak for yourself." Groaned the voice of Number Eight, who had left her hospital bed wearily and was heading towards the rest of her family. "And would you keep it down to a dull roar? I've got the world's worst headache because of you guys." She managed a small smile as she reached her family. They looked at her in awe. Number Five simply admired her.

"It's glad to have you back, Eight." Allison smiled. She had a particular soft spot for Number Eight.

"Yeah, glad you're not dead." Diego said sarcastically, earning a snarky look from Number Eight.