65 📞 polaroid love

Bold - Ni-ki

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

As the minutes clocked by, the two of them had wound up in Y/N's bedroom after the shock of his arrival to her house so early in the morning.

Ni-ki was gazing over her walls that held so many stories in a seried of polaroid pictures. His eyes grazed over in a particular one between a daughter and a father.

He took note of the single feature the girl had inherited - the brows and the rest from her mother and yet the brows stood up from her face the most. It was what made her unapproachable if you didn't know her.

Y/N sat on her bed, watching the boy as his eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"That was my dad. He was the one to only accept me having a polaroid camera", she told him, her voice weaker than she anticipated.

Ni-ki cleared his throat as he turned to face the girl, "How long has it been since he left?"

"Two weeks and I thought it was just another issue from work. It turns out it will be permanent this time", Y/N spoke softly, a sad smile lighting her face.

Her father had always been her greatest strength. They may not had been talking lately, she knew she could count on him, until she couldn't. She still could bit hearing the other woman with him is too much.

Too much that she didn't give him a call anymore.

It was almost too impossible to overcome the truth at times.

She hadn't even realized she was crying again until Ni-ki wiped her tears away.

"I'm such a weak bitch. I'm already old enough to deal with this without crying. It's pathetic"

"None of anything about you is pathetic, Y/N"

She met his eyes, tears stinging her own. Her name on his tounge had never felt so different when they almost had nicknames for each other. She loved her name when he spoke it in serious times like this.

"For years I had been blind", She admitted, her eyes focus solely on his, "Or perhaps I knew all along but I convinced myself that it's just his friends. Co-workers could be friends. Until there's a child name in the mix and I knew it will never be the same again"

Her eyes had closed as Ni-ki pressed his forehead against hers, their breath mingling. He also had tears in his eyes, and was glad she couldn't see them.

His breath was becoming shaky in his silence, his ears still lingering on her last words.

"I thought I would hate men in forever but then I met you", She laughed softly, brushing her lips against his, "I met you. We started talking. You repeatedly annoyed me and remind at the same time that not every man is the same. I'd never felt so beautiful than when you said it to me every time we met"

When Y/N laughed again, her voice was tear filled. It pained Ni-ki more than he could possibly process, hearing his girl cry. He wrapped his arms around the girl's small frame, pulling her close to him, taking in her scent as he brushed her hair with his fingers.

They stayed in that position for what felt like hours, though it wasn't too long.

It had been years since Y/N felt the need to cry on another's shoulders other than her dad's. Not because the others like her few friends were not offering, but because she didn't want to bring anyone down with her.

Ni-ki wanted to be everywhere with her, even in dark times, so she wanted to do the same for him in return someday when he calls for it.

"You're so beautiful", he whispered, his head against Y/N's pillows, her head against his chest.

She looked up at him and laughed, her cheeks turning a light shade of red. She was losing her usual mannerisms when it comes to him.

Y/N lifted her head off of his chest, staring up into his eyes as she brushed some of his hair from his forehead, "You're such a flirt"

He winked, "Only for you babe"

"That I love so much"

Ni-ki smiled, kissing her nose, "I'm glad Heeseung had changed my mom's number into yours even though it was intended for Sunoo"

It was silent for a moment as Y/N thought about him.

"Ni-ki?"

"Yeah?"

"I was glad that I got to hear you from that night onwards to the now because I met you. You are this boy who seems to not be caring in one look but is actually the very opposite. You are also sensitive and quite immature but if it's the people you care about, you're willing to apologize and change that problem for them. Heck, you even went here so early in the morning and no one had ever than done to me, so it made me love you more -"

Ni-ki took no time in planting his lips on hers, taking absolute control of their kiss.

He would do anything for her the way she would do anything for him.

The pair was falling hard and fast, but they would not be broken because they already were. And so every people did in the world when they grew up and learned how it really works.

But yes they were two broken people inside, who could make one another being less sad with their love.

☏ ● ● ● ● ☏

a / n : of course, ni-ki is broken too in his own way, but his side is for another time. like i said, this book will be longer. you'll watch them deal with something more as the their story goes on.

but pls. don't forget to comment & vote for each update.. thank you!