Chapter 3: Bular

Whacking his alarm to turn it off, Y/N gets up to start his day.

He barely got any sleep last night, his heart pumped fast as he had a tingling feeling lingering in his stomach.

He almost felt excited in a way. Such an odd rush ran through his body.

He opened up his drawer to see his amulet hidden beneath some notebooks. He stares at it and sighs.

He STILL hoped it was a dream.

He shuts the drawer, leaving it alone.

When the boy got ready for school, he walked downstairs to see his grandpa sitting on the living room couch reading the newspaper.

Grandpa: "Mornin.'"

"Morning..." Y/N barely mutters back. This causes his Grandpa to raise an eyebrow.

Grandpa: "Y'know, you've been really out of it lately." His grandpa coughs.

Y/N: "I'm fine... It's just school... And stuff." Y/N shoots his grandpa a look of concern, as he coughs even more.

Y/N: "...You alright?" His grandpa nods.

Y/N puts on his backpack that rested at the front door and opens the door. "Cya later." Y/N calmly says as he exits and closes the door.

- Now At School -

Toby: "So, Jim... What did you decide?"

Jim: "That if anyone finds out what happened in my kitchen last night, we'll be committed. Y/N included. He's not getting off the hook." Jim and Toby share a chuckle.

"I meant about kicking Steve's butt." Toby retorts.

Jim: "Give up the dream, Tobes." Suddenly, Jim's amulet began to glow from his bag, as his zipper was slightly open. Toby grabs his bag and analyzes it.

Toby: "Does this thing run on batteries?"

Jim: "How am I supposed to kn-"

"Yo."

Toby: "Y/N!" Y/N walks up to Toby and fist bumps him.

Y/N: "Sorry about last night..."

Toby: "It's fine, we only met a 10-foot tall troll and one with like a trillion eyes." Toby laughs at his own sarcasm.

Y/N: "Oh yeah, Jim..." Y/N points at Jim's bag. "You might wanna put that away."

Jim turns his head slightly to see his bag glowing a bright blue, obviously due to the amulet. "Oh no..."

Toby: "We gotta go somewhere that's not out here!"

Toby pushes Jim into the gym locker room as Y/N follows. He takes a glance behind him before fully rushing. Just to make sure nobody was watching them, thinking they looked suspicious.

When all three are inside, Jim accidentally transforms.

Y/N: "Perfect timing."

Jim: "Okay... Why is it doing that?"

Toby: "So coo-"

Strickler: "Jim? Jim, are you in here?"

"Crap!" You whisper shout.

Jim: "Keep him out of here!" Jim whispers to Y/N and Toby.

Toby: "How?"

Jim: "Just go!"

Toby: "Fine!"

Y/N and Toby walk to the entrance of the locker room to see Strickler walking in.

Y/N: "Hey, Mr. Strickler..."