Chapter 15: Breaking & Rescuing

Blinky: "Unexpected... Their dispute isn't with the driver at all, but rather the transportation that had flattened their kinsman. You must not be afraid, Masters!"

Jim: "I thought the first rule of trollhunting was to always be afraid!"

Aarg (Through Walkie-Talkie): "Trolls, not goblins."

Blinky: "Goblins crave the pheromone of terror, an odor you appear to be releasing quite generously."

Toby (Through Walkie-Talkie): "Wait! This is too much. You mean, they can smell fear?!" Toby sniffs himself, seeing if he can smell it as well.

Toby (Through Walkie-Talkie): "Oh, no! I can smell it, too!"

Blinky: "Then stop, or they will eat you!"

Y/N: "Shh!"

Toby screams behind the walkie-talkie, as Blinky quickly attempts to cover the speaker with his hands.

Y/N, Blinky, and Jim watch with fear as three goblins pick their heads out from the crowd that now was flat and lower than before.

Catching a scent, the goblins turn with a growl before snarling, realizing that there were more watchers in the area.

Blinky: "Perhaps I made my point too loud. Run!"

Y/N, Jim, and Blinky dash from the bush as the Goblins follow behind.

Toby and Aarg are forced from their hiding and chase after the trio.

As the group runs, the delivery man leaves Eli's house, strumming an air guitar, very few pieces of his truck remained piled on the sidewalk.

As the group continued to flee from the now army of goblins, Y/N and Jim heard the familiar click of their amulets.

Both Y/N and Jim pull out their amulets to see why they had clicked. However, the amulets began to glow, equipping their armor as it appeared over their clothes while the goblins snarled from not too far behind.

Y/N: "What the-!" Y/N stumbles, barely able to control his weight now that he had his armor equipped.

Blinky: "Now is not the time for armor, Masters! It'll only slow you down!"

Jim: "You think we're trying to do this?!"

Blinky: "Your armors are responding to your emotional states! Control your fears, or you'll be dinner!"

Y/N: "I'm trying-! This never happened to me before, why is it happening now?!" Y/N questions whilst trying to pick up his pace.

Blinky: "I presume it is because you ultimately came to terms with your amulet, Master Y/N! That day in the forge, it appeared that your amulet may have "linked" with Master Jim's!"

Y/N's eyes widen as Jim huffs. "It's so, so, heavy!" He complains.

Starting to slow down, Y/N and Jim became easier targets for the goblins, as the small beasts began to jump and hang onto the two hunters, putting more weight on their already heavy massed armor.

Blinky: "Masters!"

Y/N: "Get-! Offa-! Me!" Y/N grunts as he kicks and punches a few goblins.

As the two teens were dragged further from Blinky, sparks began to appear from their metal fingertips grazing the concrete.

Suddenly, a large hand scooped the two hunters up.

Aarg quickly hits numerous goblins over as he throws the hunters into his hairy back, keeping from the creature's reach.

Aarg roars while he continues to punch each goblin in his path with ease as he catches up to Blinky, who smiles.

Y/N: "Heck yeah big guy! That's how you use your fists!" Y/N triumphantly shouts.