Chapter 16: Die Tomorrow?

Flash!

"Next."

A familiar height poster was plastered over the wall as Jim's figure slowly shuffled to the corner of the wall, holding up the never-pleasing sign of the APD name and a number, his first mugshot being taken.

Toby had already gotten his mugshot taken, as Jim inches off to the side, making room for Y/N to get his shot taken.

Y/N hesitantly stands in the middle of the wall as he holds his sign up.

Policeman: "What kind of nerds break into a museum?"

The cop mumbled as the camera whirred, preparing to take a shot Y/N looked up, his lips slightly puckered as his eyebrows raised at the fact he now had a criminal record.

Policeman: "Move more to the middle." Y/N does so. "Pose."

After Y/N had stepped to the side and heard the word "pose," he straightened his face and held up the sign. The camera clicked multiple times, taking numerous pictures.

Policeman: "Okay, come on."

Y/N sighs as he walks out of view.

- Later -

Out in front of the police station, the colors of red and blue brightened the exterior building as Strickler, Y/N's grandpa, and Barbara all stood outside. Y/N's grandpa and Barbara both looked apologetic at Strickler as they thanked him.

Y/N, Jim, and Toby had watched from inside the back seats of Barbara's car.

Barbara: "I can't thank you enough for coming to the station. They are so lucky she didn't press any charges."

Strickler: "Ms. Nomura is a personal friend. She agrees that this was nothing more than reckless youth run amok."

Grandpa: "Really, we do, thank you." Grandpa turns to the car to look at Y/N. "He was never like this; I don't know what's happening," Grandpa admits through some stifled coughs.

Inside the car, Y/N looks away as Toby perks up.

Toby: "I mean, who else do you think is hiding an evil troll face? Coach Lawrence? Steve?" Toby gasps.

Toby: "What if Strickler's one of them?"

Jim: "Strickler's been teaching history at Arcadia Oaks High since the dawn of history. If he's one, I'm one."

Y/N and Jim catch the suspicious eyes of Toby, watching Strickler with an untrustful look. Jim then scoffs and rolls his eyes, and pushes Toby back, grabbing his phone in search of the picture that Toby had taken of the bridge, yet the symbols were barely visible as the image was blurry.

Y/N: "It looks so familiar... I just can't put my finger on it."

Jim nods in agreement. "I know where I've seen this bridge. It's the same one that Blinky was talking about."

Y/N snaps his fingers, remembering.

Y/N: "The Killahead Bridge!"

Toby: "What? Isn't that thing ancient history?"

Jim: "...They're trying to break Gunmar out. This isn't good, Tobes. Like, "Goodbye, Arcadia" bad. As soon as we get home, we're going to Blinky."