Chapter 8: Y/N vs Jim

Y/N: "For the glory of Morgana, Daylight is mine to conquer!"

You stand tall as your armor equips, the plating sliming down to fit your frame while your katana sat on your back. It seemed as if it was magnetically bound to your back.

Everyone around you watches in awe as you all stood inside the Heroes Forge.

Blinky: "It's... Marvelous! Evil, but marvelous!"

Jim: "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!"

Jim's light blue armor and sword equip as the two of you face off.

Toby: "So... Y/N, why don't you trust Strickler again...?" Toby gives you a once over. "Love the look by the way." Toby enthusiastically says.

Y/N: "Toby, for the millionth time, I saw him and Bular outside Jim's house. They spoke to each other like they were allies, and they know something about this," You gesture at your armor. "That I don't know."

Toby: "Yeah but... How do we know you're telling the truth?"

You scowl, your anger rising faster than normal.

Y/N: "Jim was there, we both thought something was outside. I wouldn't lie about something like that." You manage to say calmly.

Toby looks at Jim, which causes Jim to nod.

Toby: "Okay, sorry."

Blinky clears his throat.

Blinky: "Anywho, fellow masters," Blinky turns to you. "We all don't know much about your amulet, but, the most I can do now is teach you how to defend yourself."

You nod.

Blinky: "We'll figure out your situation with time. Now, the two of you, take a stance."

Both you and Jim take a stance. Yours ended up being more closed off and defensive while Jim was more open and offensive.

Blinky: "Hmm... Wider stance," You stand wider, as Blinky walks to Jim. "Suck your stomach in, stand up straight."

Jim follows his orders damn near perfectly.

Blinky: "Raise your swords."

You and Jim unsheathe your blades and raise them, and the two of you lock eyes.

Blinky: "A Trollhunter must follow three mandatory rules... Number one; always be afraid."

Jim looks confused, then grins. "That won't be a problem."

You duck as a rock flies past your head, you then use your sword to slice at another one coming after you, then, you catch the final rock with your hand.

Blinky looks at you with all six of his eyes widened.

Jim: "Dude, that's not fair! Y/N is literally a black belt in karate! His grandpa teaches him everything!"

You chuckle. "Karate doesn't exactly correlate to sword fighting though. I think you're just making excuses, Jim."

Jim: "Ow!" Blinky throws a rock at Jim's head. "Stay afraid, Master Jim!" Blinky shouts while throwing more rocks, which Jim eventually dodges.

Blinky: "Two; always finish the fight. An opponent must be given no mercy!"

Blinky laughs violently as he begins to chuck multiple rocks at you and Jim, which you both avoid by either dodging or using your swords as a shield.

The two of you are left panting as the rock barrage comes to a halt.

Y/N: "Phew, I- Ow!"

A rock hits the back of your head, as you turn to see that Aarg threw it.