Chapter 29: Morgana's Reward

Jim found himself in a darker and elongated version of the Hero's Forge. As he looked around, the Soothscryer melded into the floor, and above him were formations resembling constellations.

"Hello? Toby? Blinky...? Y/N?" Jim's voice echoed through the vastness.

Suddenly, blue orbs materialized around him, each carrying a distinct voice.

"He's useless."

"Unwelcome."

"A mistake has been made."

"Leave this place."

Jim swung his sword at the orbs, trying to fend them off. "Who are you? Where am I?"

Another wave of orbs formed, their comments even more derisive.

"He is but a child."

"A human, no less!" An unknown male voice spoke.

From the shadows emerged a figure, drawing a sword and charging at Jim with intent. "Are you worthy?" The spirit asked.

Jim managed to block the descending blade

Jim managed to block the descending blade. The spirit then transformed into a blue orb, flying aggressively around Jim before taking form behind him. In quick succession, Jim attacked the figure, but the spirit easily evaded, reappearing behind him.

With determination, Jim lunged at the spirit again. However, the figure was quicker, disarming Jim and holding his own blade threateningly against him.

The surroundings were a sprawling expanse dotted with constellations. Jim's voice echoed through the void.

"But only a Trollhunter can wield Daylight," Jim observed, holding his ground.

A commanding voice responded, "We are Trollhunters!"

Jim's gaze was drawn to a statue that bore a striking resemblance to Draal.

"Your amulet?" An unknown male voice whispered mysteriously.

"Our amulet," a female voice corrected.

"We are the Council of Elder Trollhunters," another male voice declared.

Suddenly, Daylight re-materialized in Jim's hand. Bewilderment painted his face. "Oh, man! Now, I'm dead! That stupid Soothscryer killed me in the Forge."

The commanding voice sought to calm Jim's nerves. "You are not dead. You are still in the Forge, in a way. This is the Void. A place between worlds for the Trollhunter to receive counsel from those who came before." As he spoke, Jim took in the ethereal beauty of the place. "We've been waiting and watching. Growing restless until you've proven yourself."

"The arena going haywire, that was you? Wait, you've been watching me?" Jim questioned, realization dawning on him.

The voice carried a weight of truth, "There are no secrets here."