Chapter 38: For AAARRRGGHH!!!

You're standing in Trollmarkets library, and the tension is natural as you all huddle around the Killstone.

You feel the weight of your earlier decision to try giving Angor Rot his soul back. Toby is on your side, but the others, especially Claire, are not so understanding.

"If you guys can accept me for who I am, why not Angor?" You argue, trying to find common ground.

Claire counters quickly, "Angor's a killer; you're not." Her words are sharp and clear, but her distinction between you and Angor stings a bit.

Jim chimes in, visibly agitated, "Y/N, we've been through this kind of thing before, and you know it." He reminds you of past disputes and when your curse nearly caused severe harm. "You've lost control before, and I got into trouble for it. Physically." he points out, highlighting the risks of your unpredictable powers.

Feeling cornered, you defend yourself, "I didn't lose control this time; that was a decision I willfully wanted to make. And besides, that wasn't my fault, and you know it! Shouldn't there be some trust between us, Jim? After all this time?" Your words echo in the cavernous space, underscoring the struggle for acceptance within the group.

The room falls silent for a beat. Claire looks away, locking eyes with Jim. And Toby shifts uncomfortably, wishing for harmony.

"...Guys, come on, you're acting like I was being forced to do the right thing. Like I said, where is the trust?" You explain.

Jim softens his tone, realizing the strain. "It's not just about trust, Y/N. It's about keeping us all safe and getting through this together." Although gentler, his words still convey his deep-seated concerns.

You argue for understanding, "As Trollhunters, if we have the chance to fix a wrong, shouldn't we? Angor's soul was his own, not ours to destroy or use."

Claire responds, "I get where you're coming from, Y/N, but we need to focus on the immediate threats. We can't gamble on 'what ifs' when my brother and Arcadia's safety is at stake."

The room falls into a heavy silence after Claire's words. You can feel your frustration, the urge to argue growing stronger. Toby notices your clenched fists and furrowed brows and moves closer to you. With a gentle hand on your arm, he says softly, "Hey, we'll figure this out, okay? Don't let it get to you."

You hesitantly nod, but it's clear the words exchanged have left a raw edge. Blinky's large hand rests on your shoulder, a silent call to peace, yet the room is stout with unspoken conflict.

"Blinks, can you back me up here? Please? Haven't I proven myself?" you ask, almost desperate.

Blinky looks at all of you and takes a deep breath. "Of course, you have, Master Y/N. Alas, I... I believe Master Jim is being a tad bit unreasonable. While I don't acquiesce with offering Angor Rot his soul back, we-!"

Jim, looking to shift focus, adopts a more pragmatic tone. "Look, guys, we've got bigger fish to fry right now," he says, sounding more like a stressed-out teenager than a hero. "Let's just focus on finding that last stone; Angor isn't gonna wait for us to settle our differences."

But as the conversation moves to plan, your mind drifts, the constant visions intensifying.

Flashes of Morgana, clad in her signature armor, flicker through your thoughts, her laughter echoing like a sinister melody. Scenes of battles, blue and red lights clashing in the darkness, and the unmistakable sense of betrayal weave through your consciousness, unsettling you.

These glimpses of potential futures, dark and fraught with danger, make it clear that the underlying issues won't just vanish. They're woven into the very fabric of you Trollhunters, threatening to unravel the trust that binds you all.