Chapter 4: Heartstone Trollmarket

You nervously chuckle, rubbing the back of your head.

Your heart did ache from their piercing eyes. You could almost feel your own betrayal... It made you put yourself in their shoes.

...But what does that matter?

What were you supposed to do?

This odd object just randomly shows up and gives you powers.

What did they expect?

Now more than ever, you could only ever wonder.

...Was this a blessing or a curse?

Y/N: "Uh..." Before you could even start to muster up a sentence, the wall behind you begins to pronounce a banging noise, cutting you off.

"...Maybe we should save this conversation for later... Bular is trying to get in... Or something." You relay.

Jim was about to protest but is stopped as his armor randomly shuts off. The metal fades into a cloud of blue sparkly dust as the amulet is just left in his hand.

Jim: "Why'd the armor just suddenly shut off?"

You take this moment to pick your amulet up off of the floor so they don't notice and return the subject to you.

Blinky: "...Master Jim, you are the first human to possess an amulet crafted for trolls. It's to be expected its behavior will be unexpected."

Blinky begins to walk towards some stairs and descends them, as everyone follows suit.

The stairs light up, causing everyone but the trolls to stare in awe.

You sigh, finally realizing the pressure was off of you.

Blinky clears his throat.

"We didn't forget about you, Y/N. The single reason we didn't oppose you was because you saved Master Jim. For now, you are worthy of our trust." He finishes.

Everyone else but you seems to agree, but no one makes eye contact with you.

You lament and decide to keep your mouth shut.

Blinky: "This way masters, this way."

"Woah...!" Toby announces with pure awe. "Are you sure we're safe in here?" Toby questions as he's still mesmerized by the view.

Blinky: "Indeed. The incantation forbids entry to the Heartstone Trollmarket by Gumm-Gumms, such as Bular."

"Gumm-Gumms? BAHAHAHA! WHAT KIND OF NAME IS A GUMM-GUMM?" You force a laugh, attempting to lighten the mood.

But no one laughs. They just look at you with a neutral expression.

You curl up on the inside as your mood slowly lowers.

Aarg: "Not funny, bozo."

Y/N: "...How does he know what th-"

Jim: "What are, 'Gumm-Gumms'?"

Aarg: "Scary ones."

Jim increases his walking pace so he's in front of Blinky, turns, and faces him. You and Toby instinctively follow suit. "So... Bular can't get in here, right?"

"No, Master Jim," Blinky replies.

Blinky turns the three of you around, and with his many arms, he gets you all to face forward.

Jim, Y/N, & Toby: "...Woah...!"

!"