Chapter 24: Crispy!

Grunts and clangs echoed in a flurry of movements, punctuated by the clash of metal in Jim's backyard.

After an intense moment of combat, the figures locked in the duel emerged from the shadows. Jim staggered backward, his chest bathed in a dazzling blue light that flickered against his determined yet distracted expression. He swiftly regained his composure, raising his guard just in time to deflect a two-pronged spear aimed at his silver armor.

Amid the confrontation, a familiar ruby-armored figure rose into view. Y/N's sharp instincts kicked in as he calculated his next move, anticipation evident in his gaze. Swiftly assessing the situation, Y/N adjusted his position and let his katana strike out with precision. Jim's agile form responded to the sudden movement as he managed to avoid the path of the incoming attack, his agility serving him well.

Meanwhile, the spear-wielder grappled with the embedded weapon in the earth, attempting to dislodge it from its entanglement. Jim's sword was poised for retaliation, ready to exploit the opening as he swung with determination. The ensuing clash of metal resonated in sparks, showcasing the intensity of their engagement.

The exchange of blows was intense, a dance of strength and strategy. The battle bore the hallmark of Draal's training as he watched the interplay between Jim, Y/N, and their formidable opponent. Draal's spear moved impeccably, and Y/N's knowledge of martial arts and sharp intellect allowed him to anticipate the movements and adjust his stance accordingly.

As the conflict climaxed, Jim found himself momentarily off-balance; his footing gave way under Draal's calculated maneuver. With a sudden twist, Jim's sword vanished into thin air, leaving him vulnerable and sprawling on the ground. The battle's pace was as swift as it was fierce, and Draal emerged victorious, holding the spear perilously close to Jim's exposed neck.

The tension ebbed, and the fight concluded as quickly as it began. Jim's wry humor broke the silence, injecting a moment of fun into the scene.

Jim groans. "...I think I just broke my butt."

In the aftermath of the skirmish, the trio's breaths mingled with the charged atmosphere. The training had pushed Jim and Y/N to their limits, a shared experience that would undoubtedly contribute to their growth as warriors under Draal's watchful guidance.

Draal: "If this were a genuine battle, Trollhunter..." With a swift and precise swing of his weapon, Draal startled Jim, causing him to recoil instinctively, his heart racing in response.

Draal: "...You'd find yourself deprived of your right leg, three fingers..."

Jim's gasp of surprise was audible, his wide eyes reflecting a mix of alarm and uncertainty. Draal's relentless demonstration continued as he delivered firm strikes against Jim's legs and fingers.

Draal: "And... Your gronk-nuks."

Just as the situation escalated further, Y/N interjected, his voice calm but with an undertone of concern.

Y/N: "You've got to stay focused, Jim. Distractions can cost you more than just a hit."

Draal paused momentarily, acknowledging Y/N's words with a nod of approval.

Draal: "Y/N speaks wisdom, Trollhunter. He barely lags ahead of you in physical prowess; blunders seldom mar his training sessions."

Y/N met Draal's gaze with a subtle nod, appreciating the acknowledgment of his dedication to the training.

However, as the exchange unfolded, Y/N found himself briefly caught off guard, his attention momentarily diverted. It was a split second of vulnerability that Draal astutely exploited, delivering a calculated strike that took Y/N by surprise.