Chapter 17: Win Lose or Draal

Y/N: "So... Help me understand this... You want me to open this after your battle?" You ask skeptically while holding an envelope with your name, which you got from Jim.

Jim: "Y-Yeah... It's just everything I want to say to you. Just in case I won't be able to myself."

You raise an eyebrow.

Y/N: "Dude, we're not even in Trollmarket yet."

Jim: "I know, but... We're getting there." Jim mentioned as you, and he strolled to the bridge in the middle of the day.

Y/N: "This isn't like you at all."

Jim looks down.

Y/N: "Look, you'll survive. Hopefully, after all this, you'll find the courage to say whatever you've got to say to me." You stuff the envelope in your bag and continue to walk with Jim, who remains silent...

- Later -

Vendel: "Gathered trollkind! The Trollhunter has laid a challenge before the son of his predecessor, and you shall all bear witness to the ensuing battle, which will be one for the ages!" Vendel shouts to a crowd that sits in the Heroes Forge.

The arena was empty as Y/N, Jim, and Toby eyed the situation before them. Jim then pulled out another letter, breaking within as he looked at Toby.

Jim: "Hey... I want you to have this."

Toby: "What's this?" Toby takes the letter and traces his name with his eyes before looking at Jim.

Jim glances at Y/N. "...It says everything I want to say."

Toby: "You promised us tacos."

Jim scoffs. "Now is not the time for lunch, Tobes."

Toby: "Last week, we went for tacos. I paid. You said, "Next time on me." You're going to get this letter back unopened after the fight, and when you get back, we'll get tacos."

Jim chuckles. "Tacos sounds good."

Y/N: "See? Don't get in your head, Jimbo."

Vendel's vociferous voice then broke through the arena.

Vendel: "Draal, son of Kanjigar, son of Tarigar, Draal, "the Destroyer," come forth!"

A rolling form appeared from an entrance, spotlights catching him as he ended his rolling, flipping madly in the air and landing after his incredible little stunt. He roars and laughs at the crowd, throwing up his hands as the troll people cheer.

Y/N places a hand on Jim's shoulder, which he appreciates.

Blinky: "It's time to put everything I've ever said to you to practice. With a little luck, he'll trip and fall. Now, tell me: rule one."

Jim: "Always be afraid."

Blinky: "Rule two."

Jim: "Always finish the fight."

Blinky: "Rule three?"

Jim: "About that. I was reading when the Venerable Bedehilde fought the Hydrabeast, there were no Gronk-nuks, but there was a weakness under its scales."