Behind The Scenes

Howdy! Sooooooo this fanfiction went through A LOT of stages before I settled on releasing this version of it. The great thing about writing is that words are super mailable, and you can change them to mean whatever you want :D, HOWEVER there were a few things I wrote that ended up just not making the cut ;-;. The reason why ranges from not fitting the desired storyline, being awful, or just being a little "too much". In this chapter I will be taking you through some of the things that I changed before publishing chapters.

Enjoy :)

(The included video is what I would frequently listen to whilst writing. It really helped me to focus.)

This story in total contains

Pages ~ 89

Words ~ 47492

Characters ~ 268042

Characters excluding spaces ~ 221591

For scale, this makes it longer than...

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - 38,421 words

Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury - 46,118 words

The Time Machine, G. Well - 32,149 words

The Last Battle - 43,333 words

Prince Caspian - 46,290 words

The Tombs of Atuan - 45,939 words

(I include these wordcounts because I constantly was looking at them as I wrote this fic XD. I find it fascinating and hysterical.)

So originally the plot of this story was NOT the plot... I liked the idea of Tobey and Becky being forced to kind of be around each other without interruption so I played off of that a lot, and eventually got to the story you just finished reading! I also wanted Scoops to play a much larger role than he ended up playing.

In this cut scene that is honestly pretty garbage, Becky, Tobey, and Scoops would have been trying to escape school from the broom closet. I later cut this because well... Scoops really wasn't playing too much of a part and I found the scene to also be incredibly boring. It was so boring, that I didn't even want to edit it.

"That's right." The boy replied, cockily. Becky could hear him smile.

"Why did you pull us into a janitorial closet?"

"Well,it's nothing personal..." He explained, fidgeting around as if he was looking for something. "You're lucky a genius like I was around to rescue you."

The boy exhaled sharply before raising a hand to pinch his nose. "Listen, yes I am an evil genius, but no I don't know anything about herThe girl narrowed her eyes and looked away. This was going to be interesting.

After a few moments, the boy finally stopped fidgeting and clicked on the flashlight he had apparently been searching for. The room was immediately flooded with light. A large metal rack was sprawled across the back wall of the room, covered in an assortment of pipes and tools. A couple dirty rages spotted the floor.

"So are we just going to hide in a broom closet through the apocalypse?" Scoops asked bitterly.

"The halls are probably still crawling with... students..." Becky pointed out awkwardly.

Tobey nodded curtly.

"So then how are we going to get out without anyone seeing us?"

Becky thought for a moment. They couldn't leave through the exit as they had originally planned, so a new way out was necessary. It also had to be hidden so that none of the monsters could see them. "The vents!" She finally smiled, fanning out her arms.