Chapter 2: Surprise?

Jadi and I meet up with our other two friends, Peyton and Alice. The two girls are already sitting together in our favorite cafe since they had their last class together. 

"Hey, losers." I sit down and dump my bag on the ground.

"Hello to yourself too," Peyton says, always willing to argue jokingly. 

"Hey, I'm not a loser, the only loser here is the person that got a 58% on their math test in the last year of high school and freaked out about it." I return. 

Peyton smiles. "As if you did better you got a 69%." 

I chuckle. "I have so much skill I got the exact score I wanted anyway."

She rolls her eyes. "Skill or failure?"

"Question of the year my man."

"Lady," Jadi replies instantly, being the feminist of the group.

"Yes, my lady," I say bowing my head mockingly.

"Hey, guys I'm here too you know." Alice laughs.

"Oh really? Couldn't tell." Peyton says.

"Okay I'm hungry now. Shut up and order." I grin.

"We have. We weren't late." Alice teases. 

"I arrive fashionably late thank you very much." I put my hand on my chest like I'm offended.

"I'm gonna order. What do you want?" Jadi stands. 

"I'll have my normal matcha frappe and chocolate pastry thing," I reply.

Jadi rolls her eyes. "Oh my gosh, how many times do I have to tell you? It's called a pain au chocolat."

"Yeah, yeah. My chocolate thing." 

She just ignores me and goes to order. I turn to my other besties. "How was your math class?"

Alice answers first. "Normal. We have a test tomorrow." 

I pout with fake empathy. Alice pouts back. Meanwhile, Peyton answers.

"Pure hell. I hate math so much."

"Bro, who doesn't," I say. "But honestly I hate the group in the back of my class more than the actual class."

Alice groans. "Ugh gotta hate those jerks. They can piss off."

"Are we talking about how math sucks? Cuz I agree 100%" Jadi interrupts as she sits back down with my drink and... chocolate thing.

"Thanks." I pass her the money I owe for it.

"Mmmhh. Gotta love being handed money." She practically sniffs it.

"You're a weirdo when it comes to money." 

She glares at me. "You're a weirdo when it comes to boys."

I roll my eyes. "So what if any boy I see who is remotely attractive makes me wanna drool and run after them? I appreciate their beauty. And their abs." I grin at the last sentence.

Peyton rolls her eyes. We do that a lot in this group. "You have an obsession."

"Yeah whatever just eat your food, Peyton." I wave her sandwich in front of her face. 

We all laugh.

~~~

As I get back to my dorm room after saying goodbye to Jadi when I dropped her at her room I notice something. The smell. Normally my room smells like my own perfume, roses, and vanilla. But it smelt peachy. I almost smile so hard my cheeks crack. 

"Maia?!"

I scream and tackle my sister as she appears from inside my closet.

"I'm not even going to ask why you were in there."

She grins. "Definitely not stealing your clothes."

"Yeah, right."

~~~

After me and my sister do some catching up she grabs my arm. 

"You know what we should do?"

I sigh, knowing what was coming.

"What Maia?"

"Go on a picnic!"

...

Silence.

"A picnic?"

She nods hard. She's only 2 years younger than me, but at 16 she acts like she's 7 sometimes. Although I guess I shouldn't be talking since I act like I'm 2.

"Kinda lame but sure, why not?"

She smiles big and runs into my closet. "I have the PERFECT outfit for us."

~~~

HIHIHIHI.

how was that?

what are your thoughts on Maia?

I love her and she is inspired by someone I know irl.

can't wait till the next chapter!

please vote if you cannnnn

xoxo,

Gossip Girl

lol jokes

red <3