Chapter 17: Confessions

Maia:

As I'm walking back to the room to make fun of Gigi, Ash nearly topples me over. He smiles charmingly and continues running. Why is he running?

Gigi must've scared him really bad.

I nearly bang into Gigi as she comes running out of the room too.

"What the heck is wrong with you guys?"

She sighs. "He has the earrings that I left at his house and now I have to do him a favor." We walk back into the room, shutting the door.

I smirk, pleased that they are finally getting closer. Anyone who has eyeballs can see the chemistry that they have. He looks at her and her cool demeanor breaks down, and she blushes and smiles. Scratch that, you don't even need eyeballs. You can feel it. I've seen Ash, the way he was staring at Gigi when she was wearing that dress. The way he looks at her heatedly all the time. They had the hots for each other. Every time they talked, it was like their eyes were undressing each other. They were in like if that's a thing. They liked each other.

"What's the favor?" I raise my eyebrows suggestively.  

She rolls her eyes. "I have to go to the high school with him as his date. His mother wants him to bring a 'real' girl and I'm perfect for it."

"Ooh. But why is he even going to the prom?"

"He has to give a speech for this college. I'm only going because those are my favorite earrings."

Now I roll my eyes. "Sureee."

"Speaking of, Aaron is going. I have to go with Ash so you have to go with Aaron." She teases.

I huff. "2 years older and yet you act like a child."

"Are you going or not? I can get Ash to get Aaron to ask you."

She and Ash really thought they were getting Aaron and me together. We were getting them together. Aaron and I were crushing on each other, but I'm pretty sure that getting my big sis and his big bro together will push us together.

"Yes, please. I'm too scared to ask him. Talk to Ash for me?"

"Fine. But you guys are really cute together, you know? I always catch him staring at you."

"I catch Ash staring at you."

"We're not talking about Ash."

"I am. He likes you. And you like him. Why do you even hate him so much?"

"His friends are d*cks."

"So? He isn't one. Well, he is, but playfully. He likes you."

"How do you even know?" 

"It's in the way he acts around you, the way he looks at you. Everything."

She keeps a straight face, but there is a telltale blush blooming in her cheeks. "You think so?"

"Yeah!"

She regains her normal confidence. "Well, I mean, who wouldn't love me?"

"Come on, I'm serious. Do you like him?" I push.

"Fine. I may or may not not like him."

I frown. "So, that's a yes? Because I'm taking that as a yes."

She looks at the floor. "That's a yes."

~~~

Gigi:

I can't believe I just admitted it. I like Ash Logan. 

I like him. 

I think I did have a crush on him, I just never admitted it because I hated his friends. I just assumed he was as cocky and stupid as the rest of them but he wasn't. I convinced myself I didn't like him by thinking of all the stupid things he's done.