Chapter 5: The Crash

Ash:
20 minutes before

Aaron and I take turns flying the drone. He installed a camera in it so we could spy on random people. When I asked him if he thought it was weird at all he said no. He thought it was normal. I guess the Logan brothers have more than one talent. Popular amongst the ladies, and the stalkers.

We're seated under a tree, on a blanket with a soda each. Aaron's using the remote control and I have the laptop, watching it zoom through people. I see it hovering over a few people from my maths class. 

"Hey isn't that Micah?" Aaron points out the short brunette.

"Yeah, I think it's him." 

After a few minutes, I get bored.

"Can we do something else?" 

"Stop whining. This is fun."

"Give me a go. I want to scare a few people." I put my hand out expectantly. 

He sighs and hands it over, as he takes a seat where I was sitting before. I fiddle with the controls as I zoom all over the place. I get close to a group of kids and spin in circles as if performing for them. They laugh and chase after the drone, but I swish up, up, and away. 

I see a couple sitting on the bench and feeding ducks. It looks like they're on a date. Cute.

"Hey, you better be polite with it. Don't get into people's faces. Okay, Ash?"

I'm going to intrude. Politely.

I grunt in reply to Aaron then swerve to the couple.

I hover in front of them and the girl yells in fright. The guy steps protectively in front of her and I see her laugh as she realizes it's just a drone. I spin in circles again and perform my little tricks. It pleases them and as they look around for the person that was controlling it, I smirk.

At first, they smile. Then they must realize who I was because they immediately pale and look away. Yikes. Who died and made them miserable. 

Am I that scary? I mean, sure, I get I've put a few people in hospital, but I only did it because they were begging for it. Only my friends and the shameless girls who practically throw themselves at me seem to think I'm chill. 

I roll my eyes and toss the remote back to him, taking a long sip of my drink. "You fly it."

"Yes sir." He salutes.

I grab the laptop and see where he is going. He doesn't stand up either, just sits next to me and navigates himself by looking at the screen. He passes people and suddenly he presses a button on the side of the remote that I didn't notice before. A sign pops up from the side of the drone. It says hi.

"Wow. Very creative little brother."

"What? It's better than you could do." He says defensively.

"Hey, I know that, trust me. But really? Hi? That's the best you could come up with?"

"I'm sorry, would you like me to put the word hello in 72 different languages?"

"I think I'd prefer 69 different languages." I wink at him.

"You are such a child."

"Says the kid who's one year younger than me."

He rolls his eyes, turning to glare at me. I glare back and I hear a big thud. I turn to the computer screen. It's black and muffled.

"What? What happened?" Aaron looks confused. 

I quickly type on the keyboard.

"What are you doing?" Aaron looks at me.

"Finding its location. I'm going over there. Stay here okay?"

"No don't, I'll go. It's my drone anyways."

"Yeah, well it's my fault it crashed. I'll be back."

And with that, I trudge to the middle of the park, near the pond, when I see 4 familiar faces sitting on a picnic blanket and a very familiar drone crashed in the middle of their food.

~~~

HI

I'M SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORTER THAN NORMAL.

i'm also sorry that was all in caps

i'm too impatient and just need Gigi and Ash to meet already.

Oh and Maia and Aaron.

AHHH SO EXCITEDDDD

vote and comment <3

red xx