Chapter 31: Lollipops

After my business class, my friends and I, plus Maia, are sitting in the park.

"This is where you and Mr. Boyfriend met." Maia teases.

"Speaking of that, what's been happening with Aaron?" I ask.

"Well, we're dating now." 

"Yay! About damn time."

"I know." She chuckles. "He's the sweetest thing ever. Like a puppy."

"Have you guys had sex?" Alice asks.

Maia goes red.

"Maia?!" I squeal. "You have?"

"Well, I-" She gets cut off by all of us screaming.

"How old are you again? Aren't you too young?"

"I can't believe you guys have fvcked before Gigi and Ash."

"I remember when you were eleven years old! How the heck-"

"Okay, okay, calm down!" Maia grins. 

"We have... not."

"What?" We all ask, confused.

"You never let me answer, impatient cows!" She laughs.

"Oh." Peyton smiles.

We all crack up, a mess of tears of laughter, giggling so hard that we're all a blubbering mess when we calm down.

"Good, I was about to say, you're way too young," I say, with mock sincerity. 

"Um, when did you lose your  virginity again, Gigi?" Maia asks.

"When I was 18."

"I'm 18." She points out.

"Exactly."

Maia stares blankly while all my friends start laughing.

"Whatever. You guys are weird. I'm leaving. I have a date with Aaron." She picks up her bag and leaves. 

As she walks away, I yell at her. "Aw, too bad! I was just about to get the candy out."

She turns around, walking backward. "Fvck you." She flips us off, to the laughter of my friends. Then she turns back around, still walking. 

"Love you, too!" I yell.

I and my friends chuckle, relaxing on the blanket, Jadi chewing on Skittles, Alice chomping on chocolate, and me and Peyton licking lollipops.

We chill, suntanning under the warm sun, letting the wind whisper along and the clouds beam down at us. We chatter quietly, laugh way too loudly and eat our whole candy stash.

"Guess what I brought?" I smile devilishly. 

"Drugs?" Peyton says sarcastically. 

"Close." I laugh as I pull my flask from my jacket. 

"Come over here." I walk up the hill a little more and lean against a tree, sitting down. 

My friends slowly join me, and we watch the sunset while sipping on some whiskey.

"You guys are my family, you know?" I say, still clearheaded.

"You must be drunk," Peyton smirks.

"Possibly." I giggle. 

We hear footsteps coming behind us and Alice turns her head. "Ooh, Mr. Boyfriend's here." 

They all laugh as I roll my eyes and stand up, hugging Ash.

"Aaron texted me saying that their date was going well," Ash smirks.

"I'm sure it is."

My hands are still around his neck, and I bring him down for a gentle kiss. He smiles as he pulls away.

Aware of all my friends, I grab 2 lollipops from our leftovers and bid them goodbye as Ash and I walk to his car.

He was taking me on a date.

~~~

He drives us to a farm. In the middle of nowhere.

"Where are we? Are you going to bury my body here?" I laugh.

He grins, turning the wheel of the car. "Not quite. Come here." 

He opens his door and I open mine, joining him. 

It was now around 7:00, and the sun had set.

He goes to the backseat of the car and grabs a couple of pillows and a blanket. He especially brought his sedan with the long flat hood for this reason.

After setting up the pillows, he gets up onto the hood of the car and offers his hand to me. 

I grab it and he pulls me up. 

He cuddles me as we lie under the stars. I breathe him in and smile. This boy was mine, and I was his. 

"Oh, I forgot. Lollipops." I grin as I get them out of my jacket pocket. 

"Want one?" I offer.

"No thanks, I'll just watch you eat it." He smirks.

"Whatever you say." I unwrap the wrapper and stick the strawberry goodness into my mouth.

My tongue swirls around in my mouth and I hear the click of it against my teeth. I suck it and pull it out of my mouth. "Mmmh." 

I see his eyes darken as he watches my lips. I lick it again, my tongue darting around the candy. "Jealous of my lollipop?" I grin. 

He nods, slowly, his eyes still on my mouth.

"Wanna try?" I push it near his lips.

His lips tilt up, and without answering, he puts his mouth onto it and maintains hot eye contact, his eyes don't leave mine as he sucks on it. 

I gulp, mouth dry. 

"I love lollipops, but screw this one," I say as I yank it out of his mouth and throw it into the fields, bringing his head to mine. 

He smirks. "Can't handle it?" 

"Maybe not." I brush my lips with his, not quite kissing them. I pull away and lick the strawberry off of my lips, slowly.

He growls, low in his throat. 

"What? Can't handle this?" I repeat his words, smirking triumphantly. 

He drives his lips to mine.

I taste strawberry on his lips, feel his soft curls, smell his cologne, and hear his heartbeat. I groan as I open my mouth, our tongues dancing together. He pushes me into the hood, and the cold metal brushes my bare back as he lifts my shirt a little. I shiver into him and he kisses me harder. We continue kissing until our lips are numb, and I can't taste strawberries on my lips anymore.

I taste him.

We cuddle more, kiss more, talk more, and as I start to drift to sleep, I hear him whisper in my ear. "I love you, Gigi."

I snap alert, no longer sleepy. I slowly smile. "I love you too, Ash."

~~~