Chapter 22: Before

Author note:

for some reason, this chapter is pretty glitchy, if the same paragraphs repeat themselves, just refresh the page :)

Maia flutters around the room, excited to get to prom. 

We had spent about an hour getting ready, so we were very excited to get going. 

Ash said that he would be here by 7:00, so we got ready at 6:00. It was now 6:47. 

Maia is a time freak. She loves being on time. Whereas, I'm the total opposite. I like being late. It's funny. Kind of strange, I know.

"Where are my shoes?!" She shrieks.

"Jeez girl, calm down. They're in the closet." 

"We're going to be late, aren't we? Aaron's going to be waiting forever." She groans.

Aaron had asked her out, with flowers and chocolate, very lovey-dovey. Ash had told me all about it over text and Maia screamed with me while we danced in my bedroom. Maia was ecstatic. 

We had gone shopping the next day (this morning) and bought her a very cute dress.

It was baby pink and made her pale skin tone look blush and smooth. There were fancy diamonds all over it. It was sleeveless, held up by the neck, but there were rows of glittering beads on her shoulders. Her makeup was gold and shimmery, very subtle, and her lips were painted a pretty pink. Her heels were white, to match her (my) purse.

 Her heels were white, to match her (my) purse

She looked breathtaking. Like a literal princess.

Aaron won't know what hit him.

"Oh my gosh, my baby sister, all grown up." I wipe a fake tear dramatically.

"Shut up." She laughs.

"You're so grown up. You don't look anything like me, though." I frown jokingly.

"That's a good thing, right?" She teases. 

"No, I'm prettier. You're just average in comparison. But that's okay, it's normal to be less than me." I play along.

"Oh, of course, your majesty." She bows down.

We burst into a fit of giggles.

"You look great. Ash is going to die when he sees you. He's going to see exactly what he can't have." She smirks.

"What do you mean? He could have me if he wanted."

"Bull. You both want each other, but you're too chicken to admit it."

"Wha-" I start.

"No. You both look at each other like you are just dreaming of ripping each other's clothes off. When Aaron and I are in a room with you we feel like we're third wheeling because the two of you look at each other like you are the only people in the room."