Chapter 3: Bites

"Isn't this SO cute?" Maia fawns over our outfits.

I smile. Maia was a total fashionista. I liked fashion and could piece together nice outfits but I wasn't always wearing hardcore model outfits as she did.

Now she decided on something casual. Jeans for both and a sweater for her. I was wearing a tank top and an oversized jacket.

"Since it's autumn, your favorite season, these are perfect!" She laughs.

I frown. "These aren't autumn colors though."

"That doesn't matter."

"Also do I have to wear this hat? It messes up my hair."

"Yes, it looks so cute."

"I would know since these outfits are from uh, my closet?" I say pointedly.

She shrugs and we get ready to leave.

~~~

First, we make a stop at my friend's dorms. 

"We should invite-"

"OMG yes! I love your friends SO much! Peyton is such a depressing joker!"

"I'll take that as a yes we should invite them."

I knock on Jadi and Alice's door first and later we find out that somehow, Jadi has an old picnic basket. 

"I'm not even going to ask." I make a funny face. She points the finger at me and I laugh.

We knock on Peyton's door next. She answers looking sleepy. 

"Have you been sleeping?!" Jadi yells.

"No way." Peyton yawns.

"And you call me stupid," I smirk.

"And I stand by it." Peyton smiles.

"Well, then we can be stupid together." I roll my eyes.

"Hey me too!" Alice calls.

"Don't worry Alice you already are stupid." Jadi teases. Alice ignores her.

"Let's go to the supermarket and raid the cheap food section." Alice practically yells.

"You mean the cheap candy section?" Peyton grins, looking at me.

Sigh. Yes, my and Peyton's weakness is candy.

"Of course stupid. Who do you take me for?" I hold my bag out dramatically.

"An even dumber person than me. And that's saying something." 

I roll my eyes. "I wasn't the one sleeping but whatever you say, your evil highness."

"Please, you're the evilest by far. Your freaking dirty mind is dirtier than my fish tank." Jadi laughs. Then stops. "RIP Stanely, the best goldfish I could ever have."

"Can we eat? I'm starving." Alice whines.

"Okay, okay let's go."

~~~

Later, we are sitting on a blanket in the park close to our school. We had gone shopping and bought all our favorite snacks and candies. I obviously got lollipops for me and Peyton and Alice got some drinks for all of us. Jadi got a pack of muffins and Maia got MnM's and skittles although, I think MnM's are better. 

Now, my friends are all talking to Maia about high school. Apparently, Maia has a few crushes but they are all stupid.

"Ew, if he's not smart and hot at the same time then he's a goner," I say.

"No, if he's hot but not smart then he's fine to hook up with," Alice exclaims.

I think for a second. "Fair point, Alice. Agreed. Do you want to hook up with this guy Maia? Or do you like him like him?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure. I guess not, since he has the brainpower of a..." She thinks of a word.

"Doorknob?" I say the same time as Peyton says "Gigi?"

"Oh shut up Peyton. I have more brainpower than him. Naturally. He's a boy. I'm a girl." Peyton likes to joke about how dumb I am even though I'm not. It's our thing.

Jadi sighs. "I miss high school. People were less serious about grades back then."

"Back then? It's been like 3 months." I giggle.

"3 months, yet it has felt like 4 years." Alice joins in.

"It has been so long since humans simply did not care about grades." I  return with a British accent.

"Would you guys shut up?" Peyton sighs while eating her lollipop. 

"No." I smile like an angel. She glares back. 

Suddenly Maia smacks herself on the arm. 

"Uh." Jadi stares blankly. I burst out laughing.

Maia then slaps herself in the face. I laugh harder. "I wanted to do that to you myself but I'll take it."

Maia rolls her eyes. "The damn bugs are biting me everywhere."

I only then become aware of all the bugs in the air. 

"Sh*t. Why so many bugs?" I hate bugs. They are annoying little b*tches.

"Ew. Can we leave?" Alice groans.

"No! We need to finish the food." Jadi cries.

"Screw the food. Grab the candy and let's go." Peyton says.

"People calm your horses. I'm sure we have bug spray. We brought some right?" I say. Being chaos myself, I can always find the calm in it.

"Um no?" Alice sighs.

"Okay then. We just need to pack up and leave." Jadi grabs the basket lid behind her.

Just then, we hear a buzzing noise, louder than any bug. We look around for the source of it.

"What the fu-" I start. 

Suddenly, a big, black flying object hits the basket in front of us.

~~~

CHEESE.

so anyways.

HOW WAS THAT? 

what do you think of Gigi's friends? I love them and they are based on my real friend group.

I know.

You should be jealous.

okay love ya bye

red xx