amortentia

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

"Like, how could Blaise just leave me with a blanket?! Not a shirt of his. No, but a blanket! Was the sex not great? You know, he always gets on my damn nerves," Onyx whined, as we walked through the halls. The smell of cinnamon constantly hitting my nose.

"Onyx, i'm sure he likes you. But don't you think it's time to make it official with him."

"That would ruin the sex, and i'd rather keep my sanity." Onyx laughed. "So, Luce. Is Enzo a good kisser?"

"I have no clue, but if he woos half the school then I assume so," Lucille responded as she took a seat next to me, her face puzzled with confusion. "Why... are you looking at me like that?"

"Do you not remember?" Onyx said in shock.

"Recap? I have no idea what you're talking about," she responded quietly.

"Cleo, you tell her!" Onyx squealed.

"You kissed.." I said pointing to someone who wasn't too far in the distance.

"Does your head hurt?" Lorenzo interrupted, "Because mine sure does." He has some sort of cut on his cheekbone. Lucille looks back at me and her jaw drops.

"No fucking way!" Lucille whisper-shouts

"What, what happened?" Lorenzo takes a seat across us. ugh.

"Do you remember us kissing?" Lucille questions. How is she a granger, again?

"Of course I do, love,". "Your little boyfriend punched me in the fucking face after that"

I let out a snort but stopped immediately, "Sorry"

"I- I don't have a boyfriend."

"He has already made an arrival," Enzo says

Draco and Blaise enter the classroom.

Blaise and Draco take a seat at our table with Blaise next to Lorenzo and Draco next to Blaise.

"Morning," Blaise announces, glancing at all of us. We all say morning back weakly in unison. Draco just keeps quiet.

"Oh, Sinclair! You're here, I forgot you even existed." Lorenzo said enthusiastically.

I just flashed my middle finger and stayed silent.

"Quite a night, wasn't it," Lorenzo breaks the silence. No one comments. "Do you guys remember the part where Malfoy plummets his fucking fist on my face?" He snaps. Draco lets out a scoff, following a smirk, indicating that he may be irritated.

"Remember when I kissed Sinclair?" Draco Widened his eyes "Yeah, my lips were all over her."

"Oh, Get over yourself! That was the worst kiss of my life, and i've kissed fucking cameron greengrass for merlins sake!" I scowled at Malfoy, leaving everyone else on the table silent. I could hear Onyx's smirk through her face.

"You enjoyed it! don't lie." Malfoy sneered.

"I'd rather kiss a fucking toad, at least theres a chance of it turning into a prince."

Lorenzo looks at Malfoy scoffs and smiles. He had a cute smile.

Chatter fills the room, and it immediately comes to a halt when Professor Snape appears.

"Majority of you all are in 6th year. I should not find myself repeating my words ever, but if I am ever put in that situation then I suggest you go to nusery..." Snape numbly announces, creating an unsettling feeling in the room. "You all know what my expectations are. But if you don't, then I pity you. Ask the peers around you. I'm sure they know".

Professor Snape continues to speak about expectations anyways.

"I hope most of you remember the Amortentia potion, and if you haven't, then turn to pages 359 and 361. Read all about it. I'll be passing potion samples around the room. I advise that you do not ingest it, do not touch the bare potion, and most importantly do not create the potion without my permission". Snape snaps.

"This fucking Amortentia bullshit again?" Blaise bickered.

"I'd love to know what you smell, Mr. Zabini," Onyx teases, twirling her hair. She flashes a grin and Zabini does the same.

Snape passes the potion samples around, and when it finally reaches our table, Onyx immediately grabs it.

"Tell us what you smell, Onyx,"Lucille asks her. She smiles and takes a whiff of the potion as the three of us watch.

A cheesy smile grows across her face and passes it to Lucille without saying anything.

"Who did you smell?" I ask.

"I think you know." She smiles even wider. "I smelled sweet fruit and the Quidditch field. Your turn, Granger".

"mint?" Lucille said, in a curious tone. That could be anyone, I mean, we all brush our teeth.

"you've got to be more specific." I said.

"Cologne, mint and apples" Lucille upgraded. "What a weird smell?"

"Hm, does that sound familiar Onny?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes! I-it's almost like I can smell it in this room, can you Blaise?" Onyx went on with it.
Me, Onyx and Blaise started sniffing around the room like animals.

"Ding, ding, ding!" Blaise bantered, shaking Draco with his hands on his shoulders.

"Th-. There's no way?" Lucille said, puzzled in shock.

"The potion doesn't fucking lie, Granger," Draco smirked sinfully, "Does little mudblood Granger fancy me...?"

"Uh-. Um, w-why would I?" Lucille stuttered

"Who wouldn't want to fancy Draco Malfoy in the flesh? He's got beautiful eyes, beautifully chiseled features, and I'm pretty sure he's immaculate in bed," Blaise jesters.

"I'm irresistible, I get it," Draco swooned, "But don't think I'd give your kind a chance," he mutters.

Blaise's turn.

Blaise inhales and he immediately smiles. "Chanel No. 5, pumpkin pasties, and clean linens"

Onyx blushes and Blaise flashes a wink. Gross but cute?

Draco grabs the potion from him and he takes a few deep whiffs. We wait for him to explain what he smells, not like I would ever give a living damn about him. I was just too invested.

"So? What did Malfoy smell?" Onyx asks him, elbow on the table as she leans on the palm of her right hand with her chin.

"Nothing."  He spat.

"aww, Malfoy's not capable of love!" I joked, putting a cherry into my mouth.

"How funny!?" Draco says sarcastically "Lorenzo,your turn."

He took a whiff out of the potion, looked at me and smirked
"Cherries, cinnamon and roses." He spoke, not breaking eye contact.

"Congrats! You fancy your enemy." Draco sneered.

"Maybe." Lorenzo says, giving me the potion.

I took a whiff, and I instantly smelt Lorenzo. His vanilla scented hair. He smelt like coffee and rain. It was hot.

"What you'd smell." Onyx asked.

"i'll never tell," I said.

"you smelt me."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Berkshire ."

—-

WC- 1091