angel's kiss

i'll be the love of your life,
inside your head.

͙CLEODORA SINCLAIR ͙

"Oh my days," Draco whimpers, bitterness evident in his voice, as he loses the game of rock, paper, scissors. "That's not fair," he grumbles, his frustration palpable.

"Peak for you, mate. Guess you've got to pay for the fire-whisky," Blaise remarks, a wicked grin playing on his lips as he revels in Draco's loss.

"Where do you even get it from?" Onyx asks, her irritation directed more at Blaise for believing Lucille than her actual question. She can't seem to let it go.

"Luna," Lorenzo chimes in from the floor.

It was a nondescript weekend, and the only plan we had was to indulge in some alcohol. It might sound mundane, but at 17 years old, in a less-than-ideal school, it was a way to find solace and escape from reality.

"She's got muggle herb too, and she even bakes them into these adorable little brownies," Berkshire adds, trying to infuse some excitement into our otherwise uneventful evening.

"Can I invite Mattheo?" I ask, seating myself on the chilly floor and seeking everyone's consent, well aware of the stir I was causing.

"You're still with that wanker?" Berkshire's eyes pierce into me, his anger apparent, and I can almost feel Onyx's smirk without needing to look her way.

I nod in confirmation, prompting Berkshire to roll his eyes in response.

"I don't mind if you invite him, but I think he scares Draco a bit too much," Theodore says, his eyes shining with amusement.

"Shut up, Nott," Draco interjects, causing Theodore to raise his hands in surrender. "Invite him, I don't care."

"Uh, okay, I'll be right back," I announce, making my way to Mattheo's dorm and closing the door behind me.

As I stroll towards Riddle's dorm, a part of me silently hoped that Lorenzo had intervened, preventing me from inviting Mattheo.

I knock on the door—once, twice. The door swings open, and a familiar scent wafts out, hitting my nose.

"Hello?" Mattheo raises an eyebrow, clearly puzzled by my unexpected visit.

"Well, we're having a small gathering, playing party games, and such, and I wanted you to come," I explain, a sly smile forming on Mattheo's lips.

"What's in it for me?" Riddle inquires.

"Weed," I say bluntly, "It's in my dorm; you know where it is."

I walk away, heading back to my dorm, and I hear a door shutting behind me.

I reenter my dorm and settle back onto the floor, the anticipation of Mattheo's arrival hanging in the air.

"Where's your lover?" Theodore calls out from his spot on the floor, a teasing glint in his eyes.

"He'll be here."

"Mhm," Lorenzo chimes in, his gaze lingering on me, a flicker of envy betraying his nonchalant demeanor.

"Let's play spin the bottle first," Lucille suggests, her voice breaking the silence that had settled.