champagne problems

she could've made
such a lovely bride
what a shame
she's fucked in the head

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

My room resembled a chaotic whirlwind, the aftermath of my frantic search for the necklace Riddle had trusted me with. Despite the exhaustive effort I'd put into scouring every corner, luck remained elusive.

The gnawing fear of Riddle's impending reaction weighed heavily on my mind. I could only imagine the fury and disappointment he'd feel when he realized I'd lost something so precious to him. He'd probably kill me.

The urgency to find the necklace grew more pressing with each passing moment.

My thoughts wandered back to the night of the party. I had spent it in the company of Lorenzo, my only companion during those hours. Yet, Lorenzo seemed adamant that he hadn't seen the necklace.

Suddenly, Onyx and Lucille entered the room, each holding a stack of library books.

"Whatcha looking for?" Onyx inquired.

With a heavy sigh, I begin to explain.

"You remember the necklace I wore yesterday?" Both Onyx and Lucille nodded, "I've lost it, and it meant alot to me.."

"Who were you with last night?Did you check their dorm?" Lucille asks.

Now to think of it, I haven't even thought of checking his dorm.

"If i'm not back in 20 minutes, assume i'm dead." I say, walking towards the door.

I strode down the corridor with determined steps, reaching Lorenzo's dorm.

I knocked twice on the door, and to my surprise, Theodore Nott opened it with a sly grin on his face.

"Hey, Cleo."

I raised an eyebrow, questioning, "Since when have you been friends with L-Berkshire?" before letting myself in without waiting for an invitation.

"Mind your own business, Sinclair," Lorenzo retorted sharply.

I nodded, resisting the urge to engage in a verbal spar. It wasn't what I was here for.

I settled onto the cold, unforgiving hardwood floor and peered under the bed, searching for any sign of my lost necklace.

"I've already told you, I haven't seen your stupid fucking necklace," Berkshire snapped, his tone laced with venom.

Ignoring his words, I rose from the floor and proceeded to inspect beneath his pillows, determined to leave no stone unturned.

"Why on earth would her necklace be here?" Theodore chuckled, drawing Lorenzo's attention away from me.

"Because we fucked"

"Ah." Theodore shifted uncomfortably, his gaze dropping to the ground.

"He's lying, Theodore," I countered calmly, still scouring the room for my precious necklace. "It was just a small gathering that happened to take place here."