facade

he will do very well,
i can tell,
i can tell.

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

I reach for the glass of water on my bedside table, its condensation glistening in the faint moonlight that filters through my curtains. Who knew how long it's laid here for?

My room was empty, Lucille and Onyx in Draco and Blaise's dorm. The serenity of the night is abruptly shattered by an abrupt, resonating knock on my bedroom door, echoing through the quiet room.

My initial reaction is one of curiosity mixed with a hint of trepidation. I rise from my comfortable nest of blankets, my feet making a soft thud against the hardwood floor. In the dimness, I fumble for my slippers, the cold touch of their fabric reassuringly grounding.

Steeling myself, I approach the imposing presence of the large oak door that separates my sanctuary from the world outside. The polished wood carries a timeless elegance, and as I grip the worn brass knob, I can't help but wonder what awaits on the other side.

With a slow, deliberate turn of the handle, the door creaks open, revealing the unexpected figure standing there. In the feeble glow of the hallway light, I see Lorenzo, his features etched with a mixture of anger and urgency .

"Ugh, what do you want?" I scrutinized him, searching for any hints of intoxication in his appearance.

Without uttering a word, Berkshire boldly entered my dorm and firmly closed the door behind him.

"Fucking Mattheo?!" Lorenzo says in frustration.

"What?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Don't play dumb." Lorenzo retorts, running his fingers through his hair, "I told you i'd find out."

"Okay? Do you want a chocolate frog? Piss off." I reply, my tone dripping in sarcasm.

"I know you're better than this. Better than Riddle." Berkshire says, taking a step closer to me.

The audacity.

"You know nothing about me." I spat.

"Did he touch you?" Lorenzo inquires, pressing his lips to a thin line.

I flash a smirk, a soft chuckle escaping my plump lips.

"In what way?" I inquire, tilting my head slightly.

Lorenzo advances, his anger etched across his face. "Did he touch you?" Berkshire reiterates.

"it's best if you leave," I suggest, taking a step back.

"No fucking way, Sinclair," Lorenzo retorts, his voice resolute. "I won't leave until you answer me."

"Why do you even care?" I raise my voice slightly.

"Because I do. I care for you," Lorenzo asserts, ensuring his voice overshadows mine.

Deceptive liar. I let my thoughts slip out.

"If you truly cared," I move closer to Lorenzo, "you wouldn't use me for some stupid bet."

"Think I didn't want that bet?" Lorenzo leans in closer. "Why would I agree to it if I didn't want to? I'm not poor."