swan song

and i'll never see him
again !

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

I was immensely relieved that the charade with Riddle had finally come to an end, putting an end to what was initially an enjoyable but ultimately tiresome act. In hindsight, Riddle's company had grown dreadfully dull over time.

Lately, there had been a noticeable shift in Lorenzo's behavior towards me, deviating from his usual emotional demeanor. I was finally experiencing a different side of him, which piqued my curiosity.

On a quiet Sunday morning, I woke up, finding myself comfortably nestled under the warmth of my duvet. With no pressing obligations, I decided to treat myself to a muggle book that Lucille had graciously given me, titled 'Animal Farm.'

It was about communism and about some significant part of history, but the author made it all animalistic.

I read it regardless due to my boredom. This is so stupid, 'pigs walk on two legs'. Maybe I just don't understand history, or maybe this book is shit.

I released a heavy sigh, carefully placing the book on my bedside table before reluctantly peeling back the cozy covers. As my feet made contact with the chilly floor, a shiver ran through me, a stark reminder of the approaching winter.

Lucille, already dressed for the day, couldn't help but make a teasing remark, "You're up early, aren't you?"

With a half-hearted grin, I replied, "I don't have any plans," as I made my way towards the bathroom.

Lucille leaned against the doorframe and continued, "Well, you should make some. I'm meeting Draco, and Onyx is catching up with Blaise."

I paused for a moment, toothbrush in hand, and inquired, "Wait, doesn't Onyx despise Blaise?" I began to brush my teeth vigorously, eager to get the conversation over with.

She nodded, a sly smile playing on her lips. "They made up yesterday. So, as I was saying, you should consider going out with Lorenzo."

A burst of laughter escaped my mouth, "Are you serious?"

Lucille raised an eyebrow, suggesting, "You both happen to be the only ones without plans. If you find it awkward, we can all go out together. It might be less uncomfortable that way."

I let out another sigh, contemplating the idea for a moment.

Before I could speak, I heard a knock on the door.

౨ৎ

LORENZO BERKSHIRE

Draco, engrossed in his reflection in the mirror, rolled his eyes dismissively as he fussed with his hair. "Listen, I've got plans, and Blaise does too," he announced.

Perking up with enthusiasm from my spot on the bed, I couldn't hide my eagerness. "Oh, I can come along with you guys!"

Being alone in the dorm wasn't my favourite way to spend my Sunday, and I'd take any opportunity to escape its solitude.

Draco responded with a sly grin, "We're going out with our girlfriends, you know. I'm sure Cleo might be available."

My reaction was immediate and slightly defensive. "Sinclair? Are you mad?" I scoffed, arms crossed firmly from a distance.