cherries

"was it all just a
beautiful lie?"

LORENZO BERKSHIRE

"It's funny. Your eyes never twinkle for Riddle,"
I whispered softly into her ear, my voice barely above a breath.

The scent of cherries that enveloped her was intoxicating. It felt as though I was ensnared by a thorny rosebush, its scent filling my senses as I nestled closer to her neck, my words brushing against her skin.

Without a flicker of reaction, she didn't turn her head to face me. Her composure remained unshaken, her gaze straight ahead.

The truth resonated with her, and I was keenly aware of it. After all, I've come to understand what Cleo desires, what occupies her thoughts. Five years by her side have made me well-acquainted with her, for Merlin's sake.

"Stop fucking ignoring me." I whispered sharply into her ear, and I followed her gaze, landing on Onyx, who wore a disdainful expression.

My patience was wearing thin. It was impossible to engage in a conversation with someone who was clearly not paying attention.

I decided to take action, shifting from my seat and gently pushing Sinclair's shoulder to force her to face me.

"We need to talk," I declared, gazing deeply into her warm brown eyes. "Like two mature individuals—"

My voice was abruptly drowned out by fake retching noises coming from behind me. I didn't need to turn to identify the source.

Honestly, they should grow up. Lucille thinks that now that she's in a relationship with Draco it means that the world revolves around her.

It was blatantly clear that Lucille's story was nothing but a fabrication. I mean, in all seriousness, Sinclair would never use such fowl language.

In my eyes, she couldn't possibly do any wrong.
She's my Idea of an angel.

"What do you want?" she questioned, looking up at me through her long, fawn eyelashes.

How could she be so beautiful? Just a simple "please" from her could render a man weak at the knees. How could anyone look upon this face – the same face I was seeing now – and spread false accusations about her?

"I'm sorry," I said, genuine remorse in my voice. It had dawned on me that I had never properly apologized for the bet. I'd merely passed the blame onto Theodore.

"You're sorry?" She arched an eyebrow.

"For the bet," I admitted. "It was wrong of me."

"Okay," she replied, a nonchalant shrug accompanying her response as she shifted her attention to the paper on her desk.

"But- I did.. I did like you, Sinclair," I admit.

"You barely knew me."

౨ৎ

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

Onyx and I stroll to our next lesson, and I hold nothing back as I recount every word Lorenzo had spoken to me.

"He's clearly oozing jealousy," Onyx exclaims, a satisfied glint in her eye. "As he should be."

I can't help but smile as I replay Lorenzo's words in my mind, his presence, seated there, gazing into my eyes, was almost mesmerizing.

"So when is this little thing with Riddle going to come to an end, anyway? I mean, the whole point was to get under Berkshire's skin, and it's clearly worked," Onyx inquires.