infidelity

so what if you taste just like heaven?
that don't make it right.

LORENZO BERKSHIRE

I scrutinize myself in the mirror repeatedly, my gaze fixated on the prominent bags under my eyes, a testament to many sleepless nights.

What does he possess that I lack? It's a question that haunts me every time I see them together.

I wish Sinclair would fucking open her eyes and see the truth. Riddle was undoubtedly using her, and it stings to watch them together. She was always the sweet, innocent girl, and he had no business spending time with her.

But the girl I used to know is a distant memory. She has transformed into a striking beauty, a vision that I find impossible to ignore. Ever since I saw her on the train, I wanted her to be mine, but she never was, and it's been excruciating.

As I mutter under my breath, I find myself cursing the foolish bet that led to all of this. Cursing Mattheo for his part in it. Cursing myself for it all.

Though, I wasn't in the wrong. It was Theodore's fault.

If she only knew the Riddle the way I do, she'd leave him in a heartbeat, and that's what I long for more than anything.

Therefore, I must find a way to show her.

౨ৎ

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

I scrutinize my reflection in the mirror, running my fingers under my eyes, where the once-prominent bags have now vanished. The relief washes over me.

A smile creeps across my face, but it's a bittersweet one.

I contemplate the façade I'm living, the beautiful lie that many girls dream of. There's no denying that Riddle possesses a certain allure, though I'd never entertain the idea of dating him.

I meticulously dress in my uniform, spraying an overpowering vanilla scent that has become my signature. It's no secret anymore. People know about Mattheo and me, and I can only hope they'll remain oblivious to the deeper truth.

"Always looking into that mirror. We might as well call you Snow White!'" Lucille exclaimed, her attempt at humor falling flat.

"What's a 'Snow White'?" Onyx quipped, peering into a pocket mirror of her own.

"M-Muggle story," Lucille explained with a hint of frustration.

Onyx nodded in understanding, while I remained fixated on the mirror, its allure hard to resist.

"Regardless, you really shouldn't obsess over your reflection," Lucille resumed. "I'm quite certain Mattheo would find you beautiful regardless."

I shifted my gaze back to Lucille, her smile etched upon her face, completely unaware of the tangled web of secrets. I turn back to the mirror.

"How on earth did you manage to tame Riddle, anyway?" Lucille inquired, practically speaking to herself as Onyx and I continued to ignore her.

"Why didn't you tell us? As your best friends, we have a right to know!" Granger says, her voice tinged with frustration.

I finally turned to face her, making a conscious effort to suppress an eye roll.