salvatore

catch me if you can,
working on my tan,
Salvatore.

CLEODORA SINCLAIR

I look towards the man sat on my bed.

"Mattheo? I'm not in the mood for you to kill me right now can you just lea-,"

"Shut it." Riddle yells. "Don't use my name. You don't fucking deserve to use it."

"Ok then? You don't deserve to be in my room?" I say, mocking him.

"As if every boy in the school hasn't been here." He scoffs, "Anyways, I need you to hide something of mine."

"Why would I?"

"Because i'll give you 80 galleons right now And-,"

"How thoughtful, but I don't need money, Riddle."

"Let me fucking speak." He says, sternly. "i'll protect you." He said, trying not to cringe.

I laugh hard.
"Protect.? ME!..." I say inbetween laughs.

"You're wanted, by Voldemort himself,"

"Liar"

"Nope. So im gonna put the 80 Galleons here, and the necklace I want you to keep hidden is in your drawer."

"i-,"

"Bye"

The days passed quickly and by the time I knew it, it was the end of the week. Each day was spent listening to Blaise and Onyx's constant giggling and ignoring Lorenzo's deathly glares. No one had seen or heard from Mattheo Riddle, a slight relief if I was being honest.

I had been to all of my subjects, including astronomy which strangely wasn't even in the little tower I found. It was in the classroom below. It was possible we would use it later in the year when looking at planet circulation, but for now my safe haven remained unused as far as I knew.

Friday started off with Care of Magical Creatures. It was slowly becoming one of my favourites, both because of the animals we got to study, and because of how often things bit Malfoy. Pansy certainly wasn't afraid to turn his pain into her humour.

Charms and Ancient Runes went by timelessly, with Blaise throwing inappropriate notes around and Onyx making fun of the teacher endlessly. My stomach still hurt from laughing. Lorenzo had been talking about the start up party that was supposed to be on tonight. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go yet, but Lucille made it clear that I didn't have a choice in the matter.

"We - that being Onyc, you and I - are going to go to this party and have the time of our lives," the blue-eyed witch announced, sharply pointing in my direction. "Besides, it's a great opportunity for you to get to know everyone. You have to go." I had just shaken my head and put my hands up in surrender. Besides, it was unlike me to pass off a chance to drink.

I had Astronomy last. There was no one I knew well enough in this class to sit with. Not that I minded. A quiet class like this would be good to zone out and let my mind wander, considering I was already an expert in Astronomy.

I took my seat in the back corner of the room. Planning on working on the potions essay Snape had set in the first week of school. I'd decided he was just a dick, I mean, who sets work in the first week?

I didn't look up from my work while other students filled the room until someone took the seat next to me.

"Good afternoon, Chloe." Smirk wide and eyes full of mischief, here sat Lorenzo, ready to torment me as much as he could. I hardly reacted to him sitting next to me, aside from a sideways glance. This week had drained me, leaving me with little energy to deal with arrogant pricks who got off on bullying other people.