veritaserum

do you want me or do you not?
i've heard one thing, and now im hearing another.

CLEODORA SINCLAIR:

I run my fingers through my tousled brown hair, gently working through the knots and tangles that I encounter. It's a soothing, repetitive motion, an attempt to divert my thoughts from the plan that Mattheo and I had carefully concocted.

Gazing into the mirror, I scrutinize every facet of my reflection, each contour and feature under my careful examination. My thoughts wander, contemplating how I might be received by the world if my appearance were different, and the profound implications of such a transformation.

"Narcissistic much?" Lucille playfully quipped, her eyes fixed on me from her spot on the bed.

I replied with a grin, mirroring her teasing tone, "Obviously."

"Luc, you're shagging the most self-absorbed person ever!" Onyx says

Lucille grins slyly. "Sex is great though," she says, her words dripping with humour, which prompts Onyx to playfully gag, sticking her fingers in her mouth and mimicking a theatrical retch.

I turn to face Onyx, curiosity dancing in my eyes. "So, how's Blaise doing, anyway?"

Onyx hesitates for a moment, a sly smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "Blaise is... well, he's a good friend," she finally says, emphasizing the word "friend."

Lucille and I exchange a knowing glance and share a laugh, well aware that the label "friend" didn't quite capture the depth of their relationship.

"Enough about us. How's Enzo?" Lucille giggles as she leans against the dressing room counter.

"Good," I reply, a faint smile on my lips as I turn back to the mirror, adjusting my makeup.

"You know, I would've never expected you two together. You used to hate each other," Lucille muses, her eyes reflecting curiosity.

"Mhm." Onyx smirked.

-

As I stroll through the corridors, a gentle waft of vanilla fragrance dances upon my senses, enveloping me in its comforting embrace. Onyx and Lucille accompany me, their presence adding a reassuring warmth to the moment.

"I simply can't be bothered for today," Blaise muses, his voice emerging as he unexpectedly materializes behind Onyx.

With his voice, Draco, Lorenzo, and Theodore marked their approach with deliberate steps.

"What you men saying?" Theodore inquires, prompting Onyx and me to exchange bewildered glances, unsure of what Nott means.

"I beg you never say that again," Lorenzo replies, his voice laced with suppressed laughter.

"Begging, are you?" Theodore chuckles.

I pivot to face them.

"Seems like Cleo might be jealous," Draco jests.

Lorenzo locks his gaze with mine, a sly smirk gracing his lips as he confidently strides toward me, maintaining eye contact.