13'

JISELE ADAMS
'Jilly'
RALEIGH • 919

"Ma im so stressed." I laid on my mom's bed just talking to her about life.

Everything was stressing me out. College, people, my social life was going downhill and more.

So many people found out about me and Milo, now everytime I'm out someone's looking at me crazy and talking about how 'grimy' I am.

I thought about contacting Jd to explain what really happened to clear up all this opp stuff but I decided not to. I may not mess with Milo, but I'm not doubling back to someone who tried to kill him.

"Stressed about what? You kids kill me these days, y'all don't be knowing real stress— talking about y'all stressed."

"Girl! I got a lot to stress about— actually."

"What? That boy? I don't know why. He damn sure ain't stressing about you."

"No not that boy but even if it was, how you know he ain't stressing over me? My vibe is hard to forget."

"I know how they think. They might worry about you for a day or so then they get another female in they bed and forget all about you."

I wonder if that's how it is...

"You think I'm wrong for cutting Milo off?"

"No— same way he cut you off when he thought you were involved in what happened to him. But if you were go back to him, it wouldn't be nothing wrong with that either because the damage is already done."

She was right about that. Everybody already looking at me crazy cause of it, so why not continue...

"Thanks for the talk big dawg." I spoke as I stood up, "I'm finna go to the store."

"Bring me something." She told me and I nodded as I walked out of her room.

I grabbed my keys out my bedroom before going downstairs and leaving out of the house.

As I walked to the car, I seen this dark blue charger with tints you couldn't see through— sitting close by the house.

I know basically all the cars on this street and I have never ever seen that one.

"Lord if they coming for me, let me know now." I mumbled to myself while getting in the car and locking the doors.

I pulled out the driveway and drove down the street— I looked in my rear view mirror and seen they didn't move so I figured I was just being paranoid.

————

A trip to the gas station just to get some snacks ended up being a trip to Target and Chipotle as well.

After being out for almost two hours I made it back home and as I was pulling in the driveway I noticed the car was gone.

I grabbed the bags I had and walked into the house.

"Maaa!" I called out from downstairs as I pulled the stuff out of the bags and put it away.

"This lady only hear when she want to." I spoke to myself when she didn't answer.

I grabbed the bag from chipotle and went up the stairs.

"Ma I got you some—" I paused when I walked into her room and seen that the room was messed up from top to bottom...

There was broken glass on the floor, tv broken, everything on her dresser knocked over and lastly— blood all over the floor.