35

OMNISCIENT
¥

"Thanks for coming." Jilly spoke barely over a whisper as both she and Harmony stood outside of her old home.

It was beyond time to clear it out and Jilly really needed Harmony there to help her through it. This didn't mean their relationship was going to get back all sweet and dandy, but it was a stepping stone.

"No problem." Harmony shrugged, "I missed you." It had hurt so bad that her favorite cousin shut her completely out of her life.

"I missed you too." Jilly gave her a small smile, before she walked up to the front door; harmony right in tow, unlocking it and entering.

Jilly wanted to break down in tears as soon as she got in but she was all out of tears, her heart was just empty.

"Where do I even start.." Jilly spoke amongst herself.

"Jilly.." Harmony finally decided it was time to say her peace..

Jilly turned towards her waiting for her to continue.

"I just wanna say i'm sorry, like truly sorry... My intentions were pure but i see they did more damage then good. I never meant to hurt you or mess up anything you had going on, i'll admit i did step out of place but once again— i'm truly sorry. I tried to do what I thought would be helpful and that's my fault, especially since you didn't ask for it."

"Thank you for taking the accountability and understanding how it affected me. That means a lot."

Harmony bursted into tears before wrapping her arms around Jilly who eventually began to cry as well.

Harmony wasn't there to help Jilly grieve, she wasn't there during her giving birth, she wasn't there to support her after any of those traumatic things took place.

However, she was there now and Jilly needed every bit of this moment.

After breaking apart from the hug, the two began sorting and figuring things out.

"Aww look." Harmony showed Jilly a photo of them when they were both 6.

"Our bad asses. We looked like we bite." Jilly joked which made them both crack up, "Silver tooth kids be bad ass hell."

They started finding more photos and commenting on them every so often... Ir took them hours to get somewhere but they eventually got half way through packing the house up.

"We can finish this another day." Jilly yawned before
plopping down in the couch.

"Yeah.." Harmony stood up, yawning as well, "I'm tired as hell."

Jilly laid there for a moment before standing up, grabbing her keys and phone and then heading out the front door with Harmony following behind her..

"I'll see you later. Call me." They said their goodbyes and went separate ways.

After only driving about three or four minutes down the street, Jilly looked in her rear view mirror and seen red and blue lights flashing.

"What the fuck.." She spoke to herself as she pulled to the side, she was going the speed limit so she was confused as to what she was being pulled for.

"Jisele Adams? Please step out of the vehicle."

¥

"Are you ready to talk?" A detective sat down in front of Jilly inside of a cold dark room.

"Man talk about about what? I ain't do nothing, i don't know nothing, i ain't see noth—"

"We got some questions regarding a lot of situations that you seem to be linked to and I know you know about them."

"Like?"

"Your mom's death, the disappearance of a friend of yours— Kaelyn Larson, the shooting of your baby's father— Milo Miller, and also your connection to Jaylen Davis— your ex."

"That's a whole lot of situations.. I'm not too keen on answering questions about shit I don't know about either." She cocked her head to side as she scrambled in her thoughts to come up with something for everything he had to say.

"Let's start with the shooting of Milo Miller about a year ago, that's your child's father isn't it?"

"He is."

"Well word on the street, your ex lover had something do with it. Correct?"

"I don't be in the streets to know that so i'm not sure."

"Well weren't you right next to him when it happened?"

"Yes but I never payed attention therefore, I don't know who did that."

"So was Jaylen not threatening you for weeks before that incident occurred?"

"I'm not sure what you want out of me but I don't know who shot Milo so what's next?"

"Okay since you don't know anything, let me tell you what I think.. You cheated on Jaylen while he was in jail and when he got out he wanted get back on Milo so that's why he shot him, right or wrong?"

Jilly's heart sank as she started to wonder how he knew any of this stuff. She remained quiet just to see what else he had.

"The two started to beef and somehow your mom got involved and that's why she's where she's at."

"But he didn't stop there, he then moved on to kidnapping you and then a friend of yours who may have been assisting him in the kidnapping, also went missing around the time you were found, Kaelyn isn't it?"

"Let's say you're right." She leaned up closer to him, "What makes you think you would ever get a straight up answer out of me?"

"I'm the highest ranked detective in this entire police department, there's nothing I haven't figured out before."

Jilly shrugged, "Figure it out then big dawg."

The detective stared at her for a while, just trying to make her uncomfortable and possibly say something in the best interest of the case he was trying to build.

Jilly cleared her throat and leaned back trying to seem unbothered, "Am I being charged or something?"

"You may be If we find out you know of the recent murders that occurred, why they occurred, and most importantly who committed them— which I know you do."

"So I'm free to go right?"

"I never known someone to not wanna help find the person who murdered their own mother, unless they already retaliated or plan to.." The detective kept pushing.

He was unsure if his speculations were correct, though they were spot on— he couldn't act on them until he had evidence or somebody came forward with information.

"It's your job to find that person, not mine." She told him.

The detective chuckled and nodded his head, "I see the games you're playing but you're free to go."