39

JISELE ADAMS
'JILLY'
RALEIGH • 919

"My poor baby, it's gone hurt me more then it's gone hurt her." I told Milo as we waited in the room for the nurse to come back and give Masami her shots.

"She'll be aight. That's lil shit to a big dawg." He said as he made weird faces at Masami while she was looked at him like he was crazy.

"Alrighty guys! Are y'all ready?"

"No."

"Yes."

I frowned and took a deep breath as the nurse started to prepare the things she needed. I don't know why this was making so emotional..

"I'll need one of you guys to hold her legs down and the other to hold her arms."

We both got in position to hold Masami down and I looked away quickly as she did the first needle.

Masami immediately started screaming to the top of her lungs which made me start to cry with her. Why? I have no clue.

"One more." She did the other leg and Masami screamed louder, I picked her up to comfort her as soon as she was done everything.

"You deadass?" Milo asked me when he seen the tears coming down my face.

"Shut up." I mugged him as we wrapped it up and prepared to leave.

¥

MILO MILLER
RALEIGH • 919

"How you been feeling?" 

"I been alright. Taking it day by day." Jilly responded to me as we rode in the car. "You?"

"Head all over the place." I told her truthfully. Besides the actual shit I had going on with the police, my mental health was just fucked up.

"What's wrong?"

One thing about Jilly, I knew she sincerely cared about how I was feeling and that's why I liked to talk to her. Despite everything we been through, she was still a listening ear.

"I don't know, I just ain't feeling right. I wanna crash out but you know exactly why I ain't did it yet." I told her referring to Masami when I said that.

It's really only her that's keeping me here, when it come to her, I gotta say fuck everything else.

"You don't think about seeing a therapist?"

"Weed is my therapy. It ain't gone judge me."

"When the high wear off, the shit you feeling don't go away but talking it out will make a difference."

"I can't talk about something that I don't know about though. I don't know what's wrong."

She was quiet for a little bit after that.

"You need to take a mental break. Take a break from everybody around you and everything you normally do. Cut the weed out for a lil bit, maybe take a trip by yourself."

"I think it'll help if you take the trip with me." I told her.

"And most importantly stop worrying about a bitch. Whether that be me or the other one." She said which made me laugh a lil bit.

I knew she lowkey felt a way about Neliah, no matter how much she said she didn't— she stayed being shady.

Speaking of her, my phone started ring and I picked it up.

"Where you at?" Neliah asked me once I answered.

"Just left the doctor, i'm dropping Jilly and Masami home, why wassup?"

"Can you do me a favor? I left my charger at my friend house, can you stop by and pick it up? I sent you the address."

I put the address in the gps and seen it was close by where we was, "Aight I got you."

I hung up the phone and made a u-turn, heading over that way...

"I'll be right back." I told Jilly after I parked the car.

I hopped out and went up the door.

I knocked a few times and nobody answered so I pulled my phone out and called Neliah.

"Ain't nobody opening the door."

"Okay hold on, i'm gone call her." She hung up and I stood there waiting.

A few minutes passed and called back, "She not there, don't worry about it."

"Aight." I told her before hanging up.

Just as I started going back to the car, I heard a car pull up and when I looked up, I seen it was Jd...

We stared at eachother for a while before both pulling guns out, he aimed it at me and I aimed mine at him.

I don't know why he didn't shoot as soon as he pulled up but I let off the first shot which made him start firing nonstop.

He got out the car still shooting and I did the same while ducking behind cars.

For some reason neither of our shots were hitting eachother.

He stopped shooting for a minute which made me get up to see where he was at.

My heart felt like it dropped, literally, when I seen him standing in front of my car aiming at Jilly...

Then one more single shot was let off and that was it..