19

JISELE ADAMS
'Jilly'
RALEIGH • 919

"I have something to tell y'all." I stood in the middle of the living room where Harmony and my mom was.

I told them we needed to have a talk so that's exactly what we were about to do.

"Say it."

I looked down at the ground and took a deep breathe— not really ready to tell them but it was time.

"I'm pregnant."

Neither of them said anything which made me look up only to see them both staring at me with their mouths hung wide open.

"Jilly you playing right?"

I shook my head slowly while lifting up my shirt so they can see the small but noticeable bump.

"Oh my god!" My mom put her hand over her mouth.

"Girl I'm so happy!" Harmony smiled, jumping up to hug me as my mom did the same.

I pulled away from the group hug and blankly stared at them.

"Are you not happy?" Harmony looked at my facial expression which made her smile drop.

I didn't say anything and eventually they finally caught on.

"Jilly you need to tell him what's going on!" My mom spoke.

My eyes got watery and i soon broke into tears.

"Don't cry." Harmony hugged me, "You cant go through with this anymore— especially now that there's a baby involved."

"Me telling him might save his mom, but what about mine? What am I supposed to do about mine?!" I cried harder and harder after every word.

"Jilly stop worrying about me! I'll be okay! I'll stay somewhere else until all this blows over."

"You have a life. You have a job— he knows all of that." I looked at my mom.

"Well how about you stay at our house?" Harmony referred to her and my uncle. "We will make sure you get everywhere you need to go."

"That works. See Jilly? There's ways around this whole situation— and you stay with Milo, you'll be safer with him."

"What we going to do for the rest our life? Who's to say he'll ever stop coming for us?"

Neither one of them answered me which proved my point that running and hiding isn't the best option.

———

"You straight?" I could feel Milo staring at me while we sat in the car. He had just picked me up from my house.

I nodded my head without looking at him.

"Why you been acting strange lately? Ever since we found out about the baby."

I shrugged my shoulders, "No reason."

"You sure? You can tell me whatever you thinking."

"I'm good Milo." I responded while looking down at my phone at the message I just got.

It was from a random number that I knew was Jd.

+1 (919)227-6216
𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚖
𝚂𝚘 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛

𝙸𝚍𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛
𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚊...𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢

𝚂𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝟻 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

𝙾𝚔.

"Who you texting?" Milo asked as I locked my phone.

"Harmony."

"She got a android?"

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, "Why you all up in my phone?"

"I'm just asking cause I know you lying."

"I'm not. Stop questioning me about shit."

"Bet..Keep this same energy with me. When I'm out, don't ask who I'm with or where I'm at. When my phone ring, don't ask who calling it. Don't ask me shit just like I can't ask you."

"You can ask me stuff but you're saying I'm lying and I don't like that. If I said it's Harmony, then it is."

"Go back to the messages and call her then. I'll leave you alone after that."

I looked at him and he looked at me— we just sat there and stared at eachother cause I knew I couldn't do that.

"Proving my point... You sneaky as fuck."

"I'm not sneaky. I just don't gotta prove anything to you, we supposed to be building trust but you don't even believe me about texting my damn cousin."

"Okay Jilly."

I left the conversation alone because it wasn't nothing I could do to prove I 'wasn't lying.'

It was a quiet ride the rest of the way to his house.

When we pulled up he quickly got out and went inside— usually he waits for me or even helps me out the car so I knew he was really mad.

I sighed getting out the car and going into the house.

"Milo.."  I walked into the bedroom where he was sitting down smoking a blunt.

"Um you know I'm not supposed to be around that." I fanned the smoke from out of my face.

"So don't come in here." He shrugged.

"Or you could've went outside." I rolled my eyes walking into the living room.

It wasn't like he was wrong for being mad but he takes it to another level, unnecessarily. Every little disagreement we have— he stops talking to me for hours and acts extremely disrespectful towards me.

I'm literally carrying his kid, he could've had the decency to keep the smoke away from me regardless if he mad or not.

Y'all boring 😒 interact or sumn damn