14'

HARMONY ADAMS
'Harm'
RALEIGH • 919

"What happened? I can't understand what you're saying!" I held Jilly as she cried into my arms as soon as I walked into the house.

"My mo—" She continued stuttering and saying half her words.

"Your mom? What's wrong with her?!" I started to piece words together as I looked around the living room wondering what was going on and where my aunt was.

"Somebody took her!" She finally got out before she started crying even harder.

"What do you mean! Who? Who took her!?" I started to get loud because she doing all this crying instead of telling me everything.

"I don't know!"

"Well call some fucking body Jisele! Call the cops! Do something!"

"I can't— I think it was Jd and if I get police involved he might kill her!"

I pulled my phone out and dialed my dad's number quickly.

He answered on the first ring and I told him everything even though it was really nothing because Jilly wasn't telling me much.

We hung the phone up and he made it here in about 8 minutes even though it was about a 15 minute drive.

"What happened?" He spoke immediately upon entering the house.

"Jilly shut the fuck up crying and tell him!" I yelled cause she was starting to piss me off.

JISELE ADAMS
'Jilly'
RALEIGH • 919

"I left the house to go to the store and when I came back my mom was gone." I told my Uncle in between sniffles.

"Her room look like somebody broke in— there's blood on the floor and everything is broken."

"There was a car I never seen before sitting outside the house when I left but I didn't know what they were doing."

"And tell him about Jd." Harmony said.

I looked at her and remained silent because my uncle already don't like him so if i mention him in this, he gone take that and run with it without even checking to make sure.

"I know you not sitting here trynna protect that nigga over yo mother!" He spoke and I could see he was getting irritated.

"I'm not! I just don't know if he did it! I don't wanna blame him if—

"You do know! He the only person who would want to do something like that to get to you." Harmony spoke which made me side eye her.

"Where he stay at?"

Instead of going back and forth about whether it was Jd or not, I just gave him the address and he left.

"I'm going to call him." I grabbed my phone.

"No." Harmony snatched it, "Call him for what? And say what? You would ask a kidnapper if they kidnapped someone? You think they'd say yeah?"

"What else am I—

My phone dinged indicating a text had just came through and harmony looked at it before passing it back to me.

It was from a unknown number telling me to meet them at a specific address in twenty minutes.

I grabbed my keys and stood up straight, "Jilly what are doing? You can't go there they might try to kill you." Harmony stood in front of me.

This bitch seem to know a lot about what I should and shouldn't do...

"I'll rather it be me then my mom. If that's what they gotta do in order to let her go, then so be it." I walked around her and towards the door.

She followed me outside to the car and we drove to the address the text said to come to.

———

"This feel like a set up. How you know they not gone just kill y'all both?" Harmony said as we pulled up to a abandoned building.

"I don't." I shrugged, "Can you stay in the car though? If I don't come back in within ten minutes...Call the cops and make sure you tell them it's Jd who did it."

"Fuck the cops. Ima call my dad and tell him
come here anyway— that nigga deserves street justice if anything."

I nodded my head as I got out of the car.

Sighing, I walked towards the building preparing for the worst...

As I entered, I heard talking but I wasn't listening to exactly what was being said... I kept walking until I reached where the voices were coming from.

Of course...It was Jd and a bunch of other men with him. In the corner was my mom— with a bloody face.

I was about to go over to her but he stopped me by pointing a gun at me. "Stay right where you at."

My eyes started tearing up but I was fighting them so he wouldn't see any signs of weakness...

"You're fucking sick!" I screamed at him.

"You ain't seen shit yet." He smirked.

"I only did this to show you how easy it is to hurt the ones you love... I don't want to hurt you or yo mom—

"Look at her fucking face!"

"That wasn't supposed to happen Jilly— she was just collateral damage...I want something way more important then that and the only way I could get you to do it was to do this."

"I ain't doing nothing for you."

He pointed the gun at my mom while looking at me, "You don't really got a choice."

I looked back and forth between them and sighed... He was right about me not having a choice..

"What do you want?"

"You know that bitch ass nigga you was fucking with? The one that killed my brother?"

"Jd i didn't kn—"

"It don't fucking matter! You shouldn't have been being a hoe in the first place! Then maybe yo ass wouldn't have been in this position."

I stayed quiet until he was finished.

"All I want you to do is play close to him so you can meet his family. When you do, I want the drop on his moms."

"Why you don't just after the people you want instead of they family who ain't got shit to do with it!"

"I did that already. It ain't enough. That's a easy way out for him— I want him to feel the same shit I felt."

"So it's either him or her." He added while nodding to my mom.

It was pretty clear what my decision was going to be and I'm sure Milo's would've been the same...