ii. impossible

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒊𝒊. 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          "...SO HOW DO WE CALCULATE LINEAR ACCELERATION...BETWEEN POINTS A and B?" Miss Hawkins pointed to the board. The teacher scanned the classroom until her eyes landed on... "Miss Hale?" The brunette looked up sharply when she heard her name. "You still with us?" 

"Uh, uh, yeah, yeah," Gracie stammered, twirling her pencil between her fingers as she glanced at the problem. "Uh...mass cancels out, so it's just gravity times sine." 

Just then the bell rang and everyone jumped up from their seats. Gracie gathered all her books, slowly making her way for the door. Next was Chemistry. Also known as hell to all students of Mr. Harris' Chemistry class. Even though she loved science, she hated Chemistry. More specifically, she hated Mr. Harris.

Keeping her head down, Gracie pushed open one of the double doors that led into school. As she walked through, people hurried out of her way, staring at the Hale girl. Brushing a hand through her hair as she tried to ignore all the attention, Gracie headed for her locker when--

"Gracie, hi..." Lydia Martin and her friends blocked her way as she headed for her locker.

Gracie's jaw tightened. "Hi, Lydia."

"I love your necklace," the strawberry blonde complimented, referring to the necklace her mother gave her. It wasn't gold or a diamond, but it meant something to her.

"Thanks," Gracie gritted through her teeth.

"Where'd you get it?"

"I...don't know," Gracie shrugged. "I, um...I've had it a long time."

Lydia winced, leaning in. "I think I saw it at Discount Bonanza." She looked at her friends. "I had to pee. Anyway, you look adorbs...seriously."

Her and friends' laughs echoed through the hall as the final bell rung. Gracie turned, watching them as she let out a aggravated breath. "God..."

As she walked into class, she pushed the door open and it creaked. Everyone flipped back, staring at her. Gracie froze.

"Sorry, M-Mr. Harris," Gracie stammered, standing in the doorway. She slowly walked towards her seat, resting down her bag and stood by her stool.

"Late again, Miss Hale," Harris griped. "What was it this time?"

Gracie looked down as laughter filled the room. "It won't happen again, Mr. Harris."