xxxvii. sixteen hours

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊.   𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔄𝔩𝔭𝔥𝔞 𝔓𝔞𝔠𝔱 / 𝔏𝔲𝔫𝔞𝔯 𝔈𝔠𝔩𝔦𝔭𝔰𝔢 )

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          "YEAH, WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS PLAN?" LYDIA ASKED CURIOUSLY AFTER Dr. Deaton and Stiles returned with Scott.

"Essentially, Scott, Allison, and Stiles need to be surrogate sacrifices for their parents," Deaton explained.

"They're going to die for them?" Gracie asked, furrowing their eyebrows. She wouldn't be able to handle that. Stiles, it seemed, could read her mind.

"He can bring us back," he assured her. He glanced at Deaton to make sure, "You can bring us back, right?"

Dr. Deaton pulled a half-grimace.

"You remember the part where I said it was dangerous?" Everyone nodded. "If it goes right, the three of you will be dead for a few seconds, but there's something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one. You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a bestiary with.?It will draw them here, like a beacon."

Stiles shrugged. "Doesn't sound any worse than anything we've already seen."

Deaton shook his head. "You'd be surprised at what you have yet to see."

"Is that it?" Allison asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"No, it will also have an effect on the three of you," Deaton answered her. "You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it every day for the rest of your lives. It'll be a kind of darkness around your heart and permanent, like a scar."

"Like a tattoo," Scott mused thoughtfully.

Stiles, Scott, and Allison were allowed to leave the animal clinic to head back to their homes to grab a token that represented their parents. While they did that, Gracie, Lydia, Isaac, and Deaton got to work on setting things up for the ritual.

The set-up was much like the one that they used for Isaac's when they were trying to find Boyd and Erica. There were three large tubs this time and each one was filled to the brim with water, ice, and herbs that Dr. Deaton had mixed for them.

"All right," Dr. Deaton said once the tubs were ready to go by the time Stiles, Scott, and Allison came back. "What did you bring?"

Stiles dug his hand into his jacket pocket.