xxiv. the worm moon

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗.   𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔊𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

THEIR PLAN HAD FAILED. THEY GOT VERY LITTLE INFORMATION FROM THE person controlling Jackson. Well, barely any new information. Worst of all, Allison's mom had tried to kill Scott. Derek ended up saving him, but in the fight he bit her so she would stop attacking him.

Derek pulled out a trunk, opening the hatch to reveal numerous lengths of chain.

"What is that?" Isaac pointed at the symbol on the box that looked like the tattoo on Derek's back.

"It's a triskele," Gracie told him. "Spirals can mean different things –– past, present, future. Mother, father, child."

"For Hales, it means something different," Derek added. "What do you think it is?"

"Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd spoke up. Derek nodded at him.

"That's right. It's a spiral," he started to explain further. "It reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another."

"Betas can become alphas but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas," Gracie stated.

"Like Scott?" Isaac wondered.

Derek shook his head. "Scott's with us."

"Really?" Isaac looked around as though he was searching for Scott. "Then where is he now?"

Gracie rolled her eyes at the hostility Isaac was showing. It was like he was feeling threatened now that Scott had joined the pack to take down Jackson.

"He's looking for Jackson," Derek informed him. "Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight, either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power; you get the ability to heal but tonight, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica commented with pursed lips. Gracie sent the blonde werewolf an amused grin.

Derek shook his head and picked up a metal band that fit around the head with numerous nails that could be adjusted. He walked over to Erica and presented it to her.

"Well, this one is for you."

Gracie grimaced, not envying Erica at all.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Stiles was staring down at the yearbook in front of him with his eyes narrowing at the picture of Kara Simmons, who also happened to be the rave promotor that Jackson had killed.