xxi. an attempt to tip the scales

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒊. 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆
𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣'𝔰 𝔅𝔞𝔫𝔢)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

WHILE GRACIE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAD AT SCOTT AND STILES FOR MAKING Derek a fugitive, she didn't have time to focus on that anymore since the three of them were being chased down in Derek's Camaro by Kate Argent.

"Faster?" Gracie asked from the driver's seat as they sped through the backroads of Beacon Hills.

"Gracie, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," Stiles quipped as he sat in the passenger's seat with Scott sitting in the back.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us," Gracie pointed out.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles argued. He turned around to see how close Kate was, but was surprised to see the hunter drive off. "They're gone."

Turning on to check the police radio, Stiles turned up the volume until his father's voice sounded from the device.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works," Sheriff Stilinski's voice came out from the speaker.

Gracie sharply turned the wheel, spinning them around to head in the direction they just came from. Slamming her foot on the gas, the the Hale girl drove faster -- if that was even possible.

As she drove, Stiles unbuckled his seatbelt and climbed into the back so that Derek could get in the car easily without taking too much time.

When they pulled up into the Iron Works and spotted Derek, they skidded to a stop as they stopped right beside him.

Stiles reached forward and opened the passenger door. "Get in!"

As Derek dove into the car and shut the door, bullets were shot at them. Gracie stepped on the gas, and she got them out of there before anymore shots were fired.

Once they were a safe distance away with no one following them, Gracie looked over to glare at her brother. "I told you it wasn't a good idea."

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott hissed, glaring at the older wolf.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek grumbled, slamming his fist down on the dashboard.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked.