xi. we all have a cross to bear

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒊. 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔
𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒓
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

( 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 )

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER," MR. HARRIS ANNOUNCED AS HE slowly walked through the chemistry lab, glaring down at his students, like always. "Parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average are required to attend."

Stiles rolled his eyes and continued marking his textbook with a bright yellow highlighter, glad that he was earning an 'B+' or above in all of his classes.

"I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment," Harris continued, stopping by Stiles' desk. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

Stiles looked up, the highlighter cap between his lips, and saw Mr. Harris staring down at him. He shook his head, honestly having no clue where Scott and Allison were.

Their attention was stolen when the classroom door opened, and Jackson walked in, completely pale with dark circles under her eyes. As everyone literally stopped and stared at the lacrosse captain, Jackson slumped down in his seat as Harris walked over.

"Hey, Jackson," their teacher whispered, patting his shoulder. "If you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know."

Jackson nodded, looking uncomfortable with the teacher's attention on him.

"Everyone, start reading Chapter Nine," Harris eventually turned back to the class, standing in front of the board. As Stiles continued highlighting, Harris spoke again, not even looking back, "Mr. Stilinski. Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at his teacher and tilted his head back, spitting the highlighter cap out of his mouth and catching it easily. He capped the highlighter and set it on his desk. He looked over to Danny, who happened to be in the same homeroom as Gracie, who hadn't showed up yet.

"Hey, Danny," he called out quietly cleaning forward. "Can I ask you a question?"

"No."

"Well, I'm going to anyway," Stiles persisted. "Um, did Gracie ever show up in your homeroom today?"

Danny sighed, considering it for a second before shaking his head. "No."

Stiles frowned, worried about the petite brunette. She hadn't answered any of his texts and phone calls since the attack. He didn't know why, but he was starting to worry until one thing came to mind in that particular moment. "Can I ask you another question?"