xxxvi. the nemeton

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔄𝔩𝔭𝔥𝔞 𝔓𝔞𝔠𝔱)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          "HOW'D YOU DO THAT?" STILES ASKED, GAZING AT GRACE IN AMAZEMENT, still a little dazed by how good that kiss felt –– whether it was intentional or not.

"I, uh...I read once that...holding your breath could stop a panic attack," Gracie spoke softly, her face a little red. "So...when I kissed you...you held your breath."

"I did?" Stiles asked, his eyes focused on her lips since all he could think about in that moment was the kiss. It never felt that way before. Not with Heather. Not with anyone else.

Gracie smiled. "Yeah. You did."

"Thanks," he said, still in awe.

The two of them were silent as they stared at each other for a long moment. Stiles' eyes just stayed on her as she noticed a look of realization on his face, an idea forming in his mind.

"What?" She asked him.

"Nothing," he shook his head, his cheeks turning red. "T-That was just r-really smart."

Gracie nodded her head, her face turning even redder –– if that was even possible. He was so damn cute, staring at her like she was the most wonderful person in the world.

She looked down bashfully as she sat back. "I just...I don't know. I just read it somewhere. And if I was really smart, I would tell you to sign up for a few sessions with a guidance counselor."

"Yeah," Stiles chuckled. After Gracie climbed to her feet, she brought her hand down for him to take. He took it gladly and she helped him up. "We should probably get to Miss Morrell's office now, huh?" 

"Yeah." 

After leaving the locker room, they rushed down the hallway and stormed into Miss Morrell's office. Miss Morrell wasn't there at her desk like they thought she would be, but there was a student waiting for her. She looked kind of familiar, but Stiles just couldn't place her face at the moment. 

"Are you here for Miss Morrell?" He asked her. 

"No, I thought this was gym class," she snarked back at him. 

Gracie rolled her eyes at the unneeded sarcasm "Do you know where she is?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be waiting her for twenty minutes," the girl huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "So, how about you two lovebirds back out the door and wait your turn?"